Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious...I've been researching equipment to put on my new to me used Hoyt Defiant 34. With all the many quivers to choose from, it seems like tight spot is considered the best by many. I get that different quivers hold different amounts of arrows, mount slightly differently, and may be made of different materials, but honestly, why is one better than another?

I'm hunting in the west, would like to carry 5+ arrows, I don't see what the difference is in one versus another. Please enlighten me. I'm being serious, not sarcastic. I'd really like to know. I don't want to buy a POS quiver, but also in just reading and watching reviews and stuff, don't see why I need to spend top dollar either. I just really want to understand.

Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I anxiously await an answer too.

I have used Kwikee Kwivers since the late 70's. Never had any issues and like that they make 3,4 and 6 arrow quivers. They also make tree hangers for their quivers and I have a mount that I can mount a Kwikee as hip quiver. Have always found them to be rugged, versatile and fair priced. JM2C

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think because they stand behind their product the same way Vortex does with their optics. Much like Vortex they have that warranty where if you drop it out of a tree, run it over, step on it, etc. they will replace it free of charge. A lot of people like that about them. I stopped running a bow quiver about a year and a half ago. I use a pack that has one built in. It’s less stuff on my bow to get caught on. Last time i ran one it was on my RX-3 and it was the Hoyt 6 arrow carbon pro. I had no complaints other than the bulk.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Tight spot is very adjustable and also very well made. The bottom yokes on my bowtech were hitting my arrows at full draw so I adjusted the bracket and it cleared.

You can also clamp it down tight to the riser or out more to get more clearance.

They hold arrows very well with adjustable grabbers. Helpful for skinny arrows.

I got an extra bracket and use one quiver for 2 bows.

They also look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I personally never cared for them. I never keep my quiver on my bow when I'm shooting or hunting so how it fits makes no difference to me. I currently use a trophy ridge one that has the lights on top and inside the quiver. Those lights are nice because I don't have to carry a flashlight when walking to my stand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tight spot is very adjustable and also very well made. The bottom yokes on my bowtech were hitting my arrows at full draw so I adjusted the bracket and it cleared.

You can also clamp it down tight to the riser or out more to get more clearance.

They hold arrows very well with adjustable grabbers. Helpful for skinny arrows.

I got an extra bracket and use one quiver for 2 bows.

They also look cool.

I appreciate the positives you pointed out. I'm guessing these features are not all unique to just tight spot. I'm just wondering, as I am piecing together on a limited budget if the extra money is really worth it or a more affordable option is just fine. I've had a few people suggest the Apex reactor xl is similar, but a much better price. the bow I got came with an Apex reactor LTE, a cheap quiver based on the internet search I did. Doesn't mount to the sight I got, so I am trying to figure out if its worth picking up the mount and using it or if I should spend the money to pick up something else.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I run a TightSpot 5 arrow. However, I would have no issues running the Apex Gear Reactor XL or Fuse Carbon Alphalite XL. Worth taking a look at both. You want to look at how the quiver mounts to the bow, the adjustability, ability to capture the size arrow you shoot (ie. 4mm), and how quiet they are when you shoot. Midwest guys don't seem to care much about this stuff since most of them take the quiver off and hang it, which is non-important to me. Western spot and stalkers will care about the profile, and other things mentioned since the quiver stays attached much more often. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Already stated, but it fits close to the bow and is adjustable. A couple other brands do as well. I used to shoot with my quiver off until I got a tight spot last year. Now it never comes off.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I personally never cared for them. I never keep my quiver on my bow when I'm shooting or hunting so how it fits makes no difference to me. I currently use a trophy ridge one that has the lights on top and inside the quiver. Those lights are nice because I don't have to carry a flashlight when walking to my stand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have the same quiver and love it.
I sold my tight spot and kept the trophy ridge.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I currently have the newer two piece trophy ridge quiver. I give it a B+ but not a fan that I’m stuck with that hood height. I’m probably in the minority in wanting a two piece quiver. If someone would just a make a 2 piece quiver that was as vertically adjustable as the tight spot they would have at least one customer lol. I am going to try to play with some cutting up some cracked up VAPs and playing with shimming the hood up farther to see what I get.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
It's not the best.

Hands down Mathews has the best quivers now in both one and two piece. Not everyone owns a Mathews including myself. After that I would say it's a tie between tightspot and treelimb.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
I like elk!
18,498 Posts
It's not the best.

Hands down Mathews has the best quivers now in both one and two piece. Not everyone owns a Mathews including myself. After that I would say it's a tie between tightspot and treelimb.

Just looked on Mathews site at their quivers...
Not impressed at all, and nothing really appealing about them.

‘The Best’ sure is subjective.

·
Registered
11,537 Posts
It's not the best.

Yeah, I gotta agree.. I like a two piece quiver, Mathews is my favorite followed by treelimb and then the older trophy ridge(never tried the newer ones)
I honestly didn't care for my tight spot though. It was high quality and very adjustable, just not for me. Gave it to a buddy who thinks it's the best quiver made.. go figure...

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was very skeptical about the tight spot concept more months. I was happy with my Limbsaver quiver for a long time but it didn’t hold small diameter arrows well. I was going to have to get a new quiver anyway so I tried out the tight spot. It’s a huge improvement to quivers. It will get closer to your riser than any other quiver, it is light, and it will do it’s one job better than any other quiver. That is holding arrows tight. I just bought another 7 arrow quiver I plan to use for Western hunting trips.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I'm just curious...I've been researching equipment to put on my new to me used Hoyt Defiant 34. With all the many quivers to choose from, it seems like tight spot is considered the best by many. I get that different quivers hold different amounts of arrows, mount slightly differently, and may be made of different materials, but honestly, why is one better than another?

I'm hunting in the west, would like to carry 5+ arrows, I don't see what the difference is in one versus another. Please enlighten me. I'm being serious, not sarcastic. I'd really like to know. I don't want to buy a POS quiver, but also in just reading and watching reviews and stuff, don't see why I need to spend top dollar either. I just really want to understand.

Thanks.
who considers it the best?.........................for me, I'd be throwing money out the window buying one of those, I don't think it's the best.....definitely don't need it..........my 5 arrow bohning lynx does the same thing........it comes off as soon as I'm in the tree......

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an Apex Reactor XL. Similar to a tightspot at a much lower cost. I also remove my quiver once in the tree and I can take this off and put it back on silently.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
This is gonna be a really unpopular answer but I give honest answers.

Imo it’s considered the best because it’s priced as the best and has a lot of hype and good marketing on here. I bought into the hype and dropped $152 on one last year cause I wanted it now and the shop I was at had one. I thought it was about the loudest most flimsy thing I ever put on my bow. Yes everything was tight and put on right. I wouldn’t have kept it if it was $52. Shop took it back no questions asked.

Disclaimer. I shoot a 35”ata bow with fairly long arrows so I had the majority of the quiver slid above the mounting bracket to keep the hood and nock about equal distance from the top and bottom axel.

If they doubled the diameter of the carbon rods or used one big rod it would be a much better quiver imo.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts