Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering why the minimax cam is preferable over the max cam on the conquest 3?

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you have a shorter, should i say, draw, it mean increased speed. I loved my c2 with minimax. I grew out of it though!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
let-off

i don't have a conq, but i would get the max cam for the 80%. i'm just more relaxed shooting that way. my mq1 is 80%.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
the minmax cam has a firm wall compared to the larger cam.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
All of the above, plus I get more speed w/ the minimax at my short draw length. I use an FFR on a Conquest Pro w/ a draw length of 27.7 inches a draw weight of 67 pounds and I get 283 FPS with a 370 grain arrow. I think these cams perform better when you over rotated them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Over rotate !!

Can you post a pick of the way you like to rotate your cam? I have a conq. 3 and I shoot it in the stock location. I just want to see.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
621 Posts
Mini Max

I went with the max cam on my Con 3. I shoot both ASA and IBO so the 286fps I get with my 28" draw is sufficient. You do get more speed with the mini, but you also lose brace height. The wall on the Con 3 max is firm. For me the Max was the way to go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Forgiving?

So if you lose the brace height and gain speed isthat what the sacrifice is for the "mini max" would be forgivness?explain what the longer brace height offer's? how much do you actually lose?

·
Registered
621 Posts
MINI-MAX

Yes, that is the swap. You can drop close to .75 of an inch of brace going from max to mini. So your bow will be less tolerant of form errors and more tolerant of judgement errors. I am not the greatest on judging or form, but I would rather do what I can to perfect the form so I take what help I can. I think you gain more from the bow forgiving form errors, than you get out of the bow forgiving judgement errors. It is not like the mini is going to gain 30fps. The judgement errors it will make up for, in my opinion, are negligible. I think you will pick up more points with the extra brace. Now this obviously doesn't apply to someone with near perfect form. But for right now it applies to me:(

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
I think the loss in brace height is only a percieved loss in that we all believe that we need an 8" brace height in order to hit anything. Of course 8" brace is really cool, dont get me wrong! 7" brace height is still good stuff, anything less than that is pushing the line.

Adam G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts