Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the hype over these bows when they came out (hype that I felt was substantiated after I shot one) but now I'm seeing a bunch of these for sale here on AT. I'm just curious if it's for the ever-present need-to-buy-a-new-bow addiction that many of us have or if people were let down by them (including the E32 in that last "them" statement). Or maybe some other reason...
I just thought that these were awesome bows and that they would've been one to hold on to.
Me...I can only afford PSE mainline bows. I shot the E35 and loved it. I was really close to sleeping on the couch for a long time as I entertained the idea of making the push to get one. And then, not even a year later (roughly...as I cannot remember their exact release date) I see people letting them go.
:dontknow:

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
You have some new target colors available on the E35 this year. Only way I would sell mine is to get an orange one.

I have an Orange Victory on order, but want to keep my 35. Some people may not be able to keep both bows.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I think the release of the new Mathews line is causing people to flock away from the Elites.
I doubt there's a huge impact that direction!

Pick your choice of top line bow/manufacturer...this is just another normal cycle of latest/greatest!

For me, it's just part of the hobby and I'm now at a point where I kinda like buying/selling/trading gear as it's part of the enjoyment of the hobby...I'm a tinkerer, nuts/bolts, gear-head kinda guy, so it helps keep me stimulated in the hobby, plus I really enjoy trying out different/new stuff!

However, I did learn to just buy used, as it's not really a financial hit when enjoying the hobby by constantly selling/buying/trading, etc., as it is when buying new...too much quick depreciation! I will occasionally still buy new stuff, mostly accessories I know I'll hold onto for a while, and when it's a sponsored/shop type deal, such as the new Victory I ordered.
Operating in this way, I don't really loose money, or spend a ton on gear as I pretty much just trade this for that...Sometimes I have to sell something to buy something else and I'm almost always at a 1-to-1 ratio.

Enjoying the hobby this way allows me the opportunity to try out lots of gear on a long-term basis (can't really get to know a product while shooting in a shop for a few minutes!) I wouldn't otherwise be able to do...Besides, when I show up for league/tourneys, I love the look on people's faces when they wonder "what is Steve going to shoot this time?"...LOL

Sorry for rambling, but the point is; I think the majority of what you're seeing is just guys like me who enjoy the hobby in this way...not a 'disappointment', abandoning ship type of thing!

Some guys just enjoy having the latest/greatest (as a person who goes thru/buys many bows/gear throughout a season, I love those guys!).
Some guys are always looking for that holy grail, and once the honeymoon is over, they dump and move on.

In the case of the E35, I think at least some of what you're seeing is target guys who shot the E35 last season and now that the Victory is out, they are moving in that direction and no longer need the E35, or they need to help fund the new bow (I'm sure the misses of the house helps dictate this! LOL).

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
It's everybody's BAS (Bow Acquisition Syndrome). I think it's a very common ailment here on AT. I know I have it. The only thing controlling mine is my bank account balance haha.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I think people are wanting to switch out their E35's for the new Victory, that is definetly living up to the hype over it. I know I am EXTREMELY impressed with mine.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Elite sold a ton of them. And mine sold very fast. Like said the only draw back was speed. Not bad just middle of the road. Every thing else was sweat. One of the best holding bows, at least for me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't have an E35, but I'm selling my Dominator for a Victory... It's affecting everything!

I'm not a big fan of the No-Cam bows. Shot one. I think only dedicated Mathews guys are doing that. I don't think that's it.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Its the same thing every year.....take our the E35 and insert a different bow name. We like to buy and sell ****....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yeah.. I want a victory but can't afford both so eventually the E35 will have to go but only when an oppurtonity at a used victory at a decent price comes along... I think it will be next indoor season before I get one.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It was last years trendy bow. Time to get a 2015 now that hunting season is winding down and the fact that christmas gives some the false sence to splerge on themselves.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts