Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this bow not living up to it's billing or what? Seems that the classifieds are litered with them. I've shot them and they seem nice (bit short inthe valley for me though).

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
To me it seems you always see the most popular bows of the year the most in the classfieds. My thought is that there are a lot of guys (been guilty myself) constantly chaning bows and wanting to get their hands on as many as they can and just try them all out. I'm sure there are as many reasons as there are bows though. Some probably didn't like it, some probably need the cash, some just want to try something else. I know I get the itch for a new bow after a while no matter what bow is currently in the stable at the time. Just the nature of the beast. :D

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i shot the vanquish it just felt like a split limb Elite to me with out the sweet warranty but i gots a low post count so i'm not really sure how they are supposed to feel:D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yea, that's it ;). Imagine an elite bow, only faster, quieter and better grip. That is the general consensus on the bow. The problem is people are trying them out and the demand has quadripled what SA expected there first year. Sure there are a few peculiar shooters that may not like it. I know there are vendors advertising for orders that are coming it, also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes

Yes, the bows are amazing and worth the wait. I can tell you why there are so many in the classifieds.......Read most of the comments and reasons why people are selling them. One guy had his dog tear up his apt. and he needed money...Others simply have 3 already and don't need a forth....Some have wives that force them to reduce their inventories. Whatever the reasons, I bet each and every one of those folks regrets selling them and/or misses shooting them. I am no fanboy of any company. I shoot what feels best and for me, Strother bows fit the bill. Shoot one, if you love it, buy it. If you don't, shoot and buy something else. I loved my SR and Vanquish and I have an Infinty on the way. Thanks Kevin for building such an awesome "well worth the Longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg wait" bow. I wont be switching any time soon.

·
Registered
18,479 Posts
I gave one a try and wasn't impressed, so I sold it here. Don't consider myself peculiar, just particular.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Why so many Z7's for sale in the classifieds
why so many monsters for sale in the classifieds
why so many maxxis's for sale in the classifieds
why so many (pick anything) for sale in the classifieds

my answer
:noidea:

instead of wondering why not pick up a bow cheap

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
its not just Strothers...look at all the 2010 bows for sale. Its like that every year.
Another example is the Z7 and Destroyer..Tons for sale..and they are good bows also.

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts

my answer

pretty much sums it up:thumbs_up

·
Tater's Archery Solutions
2,623 Posts

my answer

Bingo

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would say most guys did not have a dealer to shoot them at so they just ordered 1 to see if they liked it and did not. Because why would ya get rid of a bow you just got to and keep others you already have if it was what you thought it was.Not to sound like a jerk but why would you buy a new bow if you could not afford it in the first place even if you did loose your job. So I would say that most of them are up for sale because they didn't like the way it shot.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Is this bow not living up to it's billing or what? Seems that the classifieds are litered with them. I've shot them and they seem nice (bit short inthe valley for me though).
Littered with them? Looks to be on par with your boutique brand as well...and not nearly as many as the really popular brands.

·
Registered
18,327 Posts
Strothers and every other new model that came out this past year. Nature of the beast. I hope they continue to show up in the classifieds because down the road when my financial position is a little better I might snag up a Strothers!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Turns out that these bows are just way overrated and larger than normal #s of owners are dissatisfied. Anyway, I was wondered if anyone was interested in some oceanfront property in Arizona? :shade:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
OMG how dare you ask a derogatory question about a strothers bow... get your flame suit on.... the black suits will be knocking on your door shortly to take you away because you questioned their leader....

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Wait till the 2011 models come out, we'll be getting 2010 models at 30-40% off. It won't be just one brand either. I look for the price of the Z7, Maxxis, Detroyers as well as strother to be very very affordable come November. This time next year I'll bet these 2010's will be selling in the upper $400 range, if not lower.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
Yes, the bows are amazing and worth the wait. I can tell you why there are so many in the classifieds.......Read most of the comments and reasons why people are selling them. One guy had his dog tear up his apt. and he needed money...Others simply have 3 already and don't need a forth....Some have wives that force them to reduce their inventories. Whatever the reasons, I bet each and every one of those folks regrets selling them and/or misses shooting them. I am no fanboy of any company. I shoot what feels best and for me, Strother bows fit the bill. Shoot one, if you love it, buy it. If you don't, shoot and buy something else. I loved my SR and Vanquish and I have an Infinty on the way. Thanks Kevin for building such an awesome "well worth the Longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg wait" bow. I wont be switching any time soon.
After reading this post, I'm VERY confused. So to help me out...would someone please explain to me what a "fanboy" is? And if this guy doesn't define the term perfectly, then who does?:rolleyes:

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know when I pulled up the classifieds this AM there were 4 or 5 on the front page. Not bashing, noticed I said I thought they shot well. Just asking.

I'm guess guys bought unseen / unshot and found out they didn't like something about it. No doubt there are some deals where they had to get rid of it but,...

·
Registered
18,479 Posts
For me, the only way to really judge the characteristics of a bow is to buy it and try it. If it doesn't work, it goes, simple as that.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts