Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this still the United States of America. Why was my thread closed? I posted honest fedback about Elite and I get accuesd of rumors, not this Marine. The proshop is Full Contact Archery inside Jennings Hardware The owner is Denny. Phone 863 675-2311 at 315 N. Bridge St LaBelle FL 33935. He was trying to become an Elite dealer so why would I make this up, and WHY WAS MY THREAD CLOSED? My post was well within the rules and ment to inform not bash as I said. I waited 3 month giving Elite every chance to make this right. We need honest fedback good or bad. Now oped my post or explain why it was closed. You can still read it for now, if you search Elite.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Your post was closed because you mentioned a letter stating that if a dealer carries Elite then Martin and BowTech would pull their dealerships. Did you see this letter? Do you know it exists?
Rumors float around quite a bit and when they are unsubstantiated, they just cause problems. Bowsmith closed down the thread before it got "out of hand". This is in fact the United States of America, but you are posting on ArcheryTalk.com which is owned/operated free of charge to its users by Martin Archery. It isn't good to bite the hand that feeds you.:wink:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
the last chance said:
Is this still the United States of America. Why was my thread closed?
It's still the United States of America. That means that the government has limitations against censorship. This site is not run by the United States government.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Dchiefransom said:
This site is not run by the United States government.
And there is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for that.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
the last chance said:
Is this still the United States of America. Why was my thread closed? I posted honest fedback about Elite and I get accuesd of rumors, not this Marine. The proshop is Full Contact Archery inside Jennings Hardware The owner is Denny. Phone 863 675-2311 at 315 N. Bridge St LaBelle FL 33935. He was trying to become an Elite dealer so why would I make this up, and WHY WAS MY THREAD CLOSED? My post was well within the rules and ment to inform not bash as I said. I waited 3 month giving Elite every chance to make this right. We need honest fedback good or bad. Now oped my post or explain why it was closed. You can still read it for now, if you search Elite.
Don't worry you can carry on here... :wink:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=389546

BTW, I'd like to see the "letter" too. I'll be glad to give you my email if you want... no censorship in my inbox :darkbeer:

·
Admin~Purple Princess~
971 Posts
the last chance said:
I believe you posted with the intent to share info you thought was true but it’s not. If you have read such a letter please end me a copy so we can investigate this issue.
I will state one more time Martin Archery has not sent any joint letters with BowTech regarding Elite and they have not sent any letters regarding the issue stated by the last chance.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Hmmm...

To once again quell this rumor...

Martin Archery, Inc. is not in any way involved financially or otherwise with Elite Archery. We have never, nor will we ever send out a letter to any of our current or prospective dealers stating we will not sell them our products based on their current or future associations with other archery manufacturers. Your dealer is mistaken as to who they received their letter from, as they didn't get one from Martin Archery, Inc. Hope this clears things up for everybody.

Jake Richmond
Asst. General Manager
Martin Archery, Inc.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Sonja said:
I believe you posted with the intent to share info you thought was true but it’s not. If you have read such a letter please end me a copy so we can investigate this issue.
I will state one more time Martin Archery has not sent any joint letters with BowTech regarding Elite and they have not sent any letters regarding the issue stated by the last chance.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
This is a most professional, substantive and authoritative response. ( And you're a cutie, too. :) )

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like rumors, seconding that. Also, it really sounds like this "marine" has a bit of shellshock, and a temper". NIMBY! I believe everyone elses posts answered everything else.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Call the shop owner, it would take me forever to figure out how to copy the letter and post it. I'm still working on posting pics of my bow. My point is that I am within the rules of the post. If you don't agree fine say that, and the post will die by it self. I was told this by the shop owner. I have nothing to gain or lose by this post. I do however research a lot of stuff on AT and this could be helpfull to someone. I tried to word it not to offend anyone just to be honest. If I get a speeding ticket for going 60mph in a 60mph zone somthing is wrong. I don't think that anything I said should have closed the post.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Keep pushing the issue and you'll have more to worry about than your thread being closed. TWO people from Martin have stated this is merely a rumor. Your information is hearsay. You claim there is a letter, but never saw it.
According to you the shop owner just claimed there was a letter. Also the email you get about you winning the Nigerian lottery is also bogus.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Last Chance...

Don't take it personally....What you stated in your original post is simply a rumor..I can personally guarantee that Martin Archery never sent out a letter...It was closed before it got carried away....Don't sweat it....;)

PUG

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes you are all right the shop owner told me this when I asked about his status with becoming a Elite dealer. I did not think he would make this up but I guess he did. I never thought this would be a red flag to post this info sorry.
DOC just so thier are no rumors what do you mean that I will have a lot more to lose than my post being closed? Please explain.TLC

·
74,535 Posts
I agree

the last chance said:
Call the shop owner, it would take me forever to figure out how to copy the letter and post it. I'm still working on posting pics of my bow. My point is that I am within the rules of the post. If you don't agree fine say that, and the post will die by it self. I was told this by the shop owner. I have nothing to gain or lose by this post. I do however research a lot of stuff on AT and this could be helpfull to someone. I tried to word it not to offend anyone just to be honest. If I get a speeding ticket for going 60mph in a 60mph zone somthing is wrong. I don't think that anything I said should have closed the post.
Nothing more than rumer and not fact. Archerytalk should and will censor things that are indeed not true about Martin for sure:confused: You had now three tell you it isnt true and yet you have nothing to back up your rumor. Understand they own this place and have the right to remove any thread.
DB

·
Admin~Purple Princess~
971 Posts
the last chance said:
Dear the last chance,
First as PUG said, don't sweat it, this is nothing personal. Second yes you did word your post very carefully and I believe posted this merely to try and help others.

Your thread was locked because you made false accusations. I can not speak for BowTech, but I can tell you that Martin Archery has NOT sent any such letter.

We do everything in our power to let ArcheryTalk members express themselves and share their opinions but your statement could cause potential harm to the companies you mentioned.

When a false statement is made that can be proven to be false and can cause harm and/or lose of customers then the thread will be locked or removed.

I am not saying the shop owner is lying; he may have received a letter from someone regarding this subject but it was not Martin Archery. To avoid potential problem, to keep the thread from getting out of control, and most importantly to keep from spreading rumors that could hurt a company the thread was locked.
End of story……..

·
Admin~Purple Princess~
971 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
Nothing more than rumer and not fact. Archerytalk should and will censor things that are indeed not true about Martin for sure:confused: You had now three tell you it isnt true and yet you have nothing to back up your rumor. Understand they own this place and have the right to remove any thread.
DB
DB you are correct but please not we would do the same for any company if we have proof that was is being said is not true.

I don't want anyone to think the only reason we took action was because this involved Martin Archery, because that is not the case. Since we were able to check facts quickly we were able to take action quickly, but we would offer the same standards for any company.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
the last chance said:
DOC just so thier are no rumors what do you mean that I will have a lot more to lose than my post being closed? Please explain.TLC
Well, I'm not DOC, but I believe he is hinting that if someone persists in pushing an issue that caused a thread to be closed and after several reasonable explanations as to why it was closed, someone might get banned from the site for awhile. Nothing sinister and no vailed threat. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Yes you are all right the shop owner told me this when I asked about his status with becoming a Elite dealer. I did not think he would make this up but I guess he did. I never thought this would be a red flag to post this info sorry.
Not a red flag just a lie. Plain and simple.
Why your "pro shop" would tell you anything like this is beyond me but personally...I shy away from people that lie to me.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
This could simply have been a way for the dealer to try and save face why he was dropped by a bow company.. maybe he wasn't doing the business.. or whatever... this was just his way of attempting to save face, by making up lies. It sure wouldn't be the 1st time something like this has happened. Or maybe his excuse for not carrying a certain bow. This is just a theory.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.