Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seeing anything during late bow season in Wisconsin?

I sat last night and saw one doe (maybe 100-125 yards off), 6 blue jays, and maybe 10 chickadees.

Heading out in a few minutes for this afternoon's hunt.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
heading out here also. one of my farms is covered in scrapes and new rubs. first time in there since the beginning of november. I have a nice ten point on my own land that just won't close the distance. things are movin here. must be some yearling does coming in .
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I have been seeing does and fawns. The camera's I have out are showing a few nicer bucks in the area, but they are still nocturnal. My wife just had a guy bring in a nice 10 that he got 2 days ago. He lives about a mile south of me.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Ive been sitting over bait and 2 nights ago saw 2 8 points and a spike that were out cruisin for does still. The only time the are eating is well after dark. Then last night I saw 4 does and a buck fawn. Doesnt pay to sit to early so I have been just sitting the last 2 hours. Going out again tonight

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Most deer if not all here are nocturnal

I have noticed an extremely high amount of coyote activity all over the place

They will be hurting if I lose my patience with deer hunting

Update: Plan for tomorrow is to whack and stack yotes

·
Registered
783 Posts
We shot a few does last saturday for T zone and the snow had them coming out of the woods around 4 p.m. Bowhunted one of the spots where I had 2 bucks and 4 does come out this past Thursday and nothing.

I think they are bedding very close to the food sources and tough to get to the stand without them being aware. It was a different story during t zone staying about 200 yards from where they were coming out with a rifle.

I had not seen any rutting activity with the 2 bucks that I saw though.

t

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I sat last night in MN and saw 20...............................................turkeys. Man do they make a racket when they roost for the night.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Saw 6 this afternoon

I saw the first deer on the move since the MN rifle season ended the weekend before Thanksgiving -- 6 does and fawns. They were moving about 45 minutes before dark through the woods and out into a swamp. Hunting near Hinckley which is just east of the WI border by about 20 miles.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Been out shooting a couple does the last couple nights, shot the first mature doe I saw so I cant say the overall deer movement the last couple of days. Before the does though, I was sitting on a picked bean field and had 25+ a night come out, all just before or just after dark, couple small bucks, havent seen anything decent since October, they have to show themself sooner or later, and Ill be waiting for them.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was out tonight and last night and still not a deer. This is getting very depressing. Just glad it isn't going to be quite as cold as last week this week.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hunted last night. No deer seen, but saw a coyote. I was out with two buddies and they did not see anything either. It was a nice night to sit, just not a lot of activity. I have to go spend the long holiday weekend with family and may not get out until the last weekend.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Wish I could have sat last night, light snow with big flakes - I never care if I see anything when weather is like that.

t

·
Registered
670 Posts
I saw 7 last wed night but somebody spooked them before I could get a shot. Next time out was fri morning and I shot a doe. Hopefully the weather holds up so I can get 1 or 2 more. The property I'm hunting for late season sees little to no hunting pressure so the deer are overpopulated and stupid. I'm thinking the next 2 weeks could be fun!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
shot a big doe saturday night. 9 in the group . last night finnaly had my nice ten pointer show up. he had one foot left to step out and I would have had my shot. last second he turned and left. I have been hunting this deer for a couple weeks now, I have tons of pictures. I can't close the deal . when I do I am having him mounted for sure. even if he isn't a true giant.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Didnt see a thing Sunday lots of tracks no deer.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didnt see a thing Sunday lots of tracks no deer.
same here. I sat again tonight and saw nothing. A ton of tracks and fresh beds, but I think everything is moving well after dark.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Was out last Saturday. Sitting cut corn with a few rows still standing. Saw nothing. Walking out I saw 5 does and a real nice buck digging in the bean fields. I made the wrong food choice. Maybe Christmas will produce.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was out last Saturday. Sitting cut corn with a few rows still standing. Saw nothing. Walking out I saw 5 does and a real nice buck digging in the bean fields. I made the wrong food choice. Maybe Christmas will produce.
looks like there may be a good sized winter storm Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (snow north/ rain and freezing rain south)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts