Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any results from WIs opener. I had to work the morning shift, then got stuck at work when a lightening strike south of here took the whole plant down:mad:

·
Registered
828 Posts
It was slow everyone that I hunt with in central WI. I dont know if it because of the winds or what. I saw 10 does and fawns but everyone so little or nothing and they didnt move till late.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Saw one uncooperative doe in the afternoon. She wouldn't come out the thick brush no matter what. Walked circles around me at 40 yards for half an hour. Other than that nothing. It rained for me half the morning and pouring outside now. Figure its to early in the season to spend the day in the rain.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I managed to get this youngin last night. I missed a doe in the morning at 11yds...misjudged the distance:confused: Packed it up for the weekend last night, way too many skeeters out for me. I'll be back out once this cold weather hits this week. My buddys that hunt central wis. saw 8 bucks between 7 of them, but only one doe harvested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I hit a doe at sundown last night. Complete pass through, looked like good blood on the arrow, but I wasn't sure so I backed out until this morning.

Went back had a good blood trail for 60 yards, then it went cold. Searched for two hours with no luck. I HATE when that happens, makes me feel like a total jerk!

L

·
0 Posts
i shot a 8 pointer with a 11 or 12 inch spread at 15 yards at 6:30 last night and when i got home i walked up to my house and went inside and while i was waiting for my buck to die i looked out of my house window at my barn and here right in front of my barn about 2 yards from the front door of my barn there was a doe and a fawn licking on my horses salt block i couldn't believe it

·
The pugs keeper
5,958 Posts
opener

I shot a doe for eab last nite at ten after six. My buddy got his at six. My other buddy got his at six thirty. This was those two guys first bowkill. Dont get any better then on opening day.

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
success

I passed on a yearling fawn but I did get about 100 skeeters!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
We got rained on Sat. morning. And the wind was terrible. Even the oak tree I was sitting in was shaking. We saw a couple of young doe but that was it. Had to head back home early Sunday.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
didnt get to go out... but i did get my 2 EAB tags in the mail LOL.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had no luck at one of my stands Sat morning, sat for 3.5 hrs. I went out to Old Fathful (different stand) in the evening and got a button buck at 07:20 pm. Only deer I saw.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Went out Sat. afternoon. 2 fawn's came in about 6:40 p.m. Ma was behind them by about 5 minute's. She finally came in, kicked one of the fawn's away of the trail (I think it he was a nubby). I drew back and got ready to release when the other fawn jumped in front of her. Luckily the fawn was small enough that I shot over it and spined the doe at 13 yrds. Out of my tent. Didn't go anywhere tipped over backward's and that was it.
Shawn F.

·
Custom callmaker
3,469 Posts
No sucess but deer were spoted.

I was skunked sat morn no suprise I hate mornings. Afternoon had a doe that walked, and 2 bucks. I dreww but ended up letting it walk and now my butts sore from kicking it. He had at least a 17" spread but he was only a 6 pt no brows and ony 3-4" tines. Dumb move I think.

Anyways 3 friends all saw bucks and does and we let all walk. Were going to pay for that.

At least today it feels like hunting season again.

·
Registered
478 Posts
meat

shot a 2 yr old doe for the freezer at about 6:45 sat morning. I had it skinned, quartered, and packed in my cooler by 9:00 am. Good start agian this year. Kind of takes the pressure off. Now I'll change my efforts to a mature buck. I also got my limit of mosquito's. This late hatch due to all the rain is killing us all. On the farm I hunt once in a while my bud told me he's been seeing a Bobcat pretty often. Can't wait to see him, even though I can't shoot it. They're just plain cool killing machines. Have a great season. Shoot straight........scott.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Too early for me to get out, but with cooler weather this eek, we'll see how it plays out. I'd like to get a nice frosty night to kill off some of the skeeters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts