Archery Talk Forum banner

WI P&Y Archery Buck

1425 Views 18 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  nimrod-100
This post is a little late but, better late than never. Deer was taken on Sept/13/2008...

I got in the set up around 5:30pm with 2 deer already in the feild. Pretty soon some other small bucks entered the feild and scraped and spared around, proving to be pretty entertaining. At about 6:10pm I saw a monster buck in the corner of the feild. Instantly my heart began to pound. I watched him for about half an hour along with 5 other bucks as they slowly fed my way. At 50 yards he cut to the right and went into the thickness of the woods without ever comming in for a shot. My heart sank as I watched my dream buck dissapear. Well i sat there in total dissapointment when all of the sudden he emerged from the woods at a mere 10 yards. I easily raised my bow, settled my first pin behind the shoulder and released the arrow. I watched as it nailed right where i wanted it. He slowly ran off and within about 5 seconds I heard a crash. All i can say is that i am totally blessed to have been able to harvest this deer...

-shane
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Awesome buck!!:eek: Congrats man!

· Registered
167 Posts
Awesome buck!

· Registered
3,584 Posts
looks like a small body on that boy..... compared to others i've seen around that size... did you get it weighed??

hell of a buck though, and on the opener too!!! now if i can get out i'd be even more happier.....

speed

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks like a small body on that boy..... compared to others i've seen around that size... did you get it weighed??

hell of a buck though, and on the opener too!!! now if i can get out i'd be even more happier.....

speed
Weighed 250 on the hoof, was very hard to drag out of the woods. Took litterally 20 minutes to bring him 40 yards to the edge of the field.

-shane

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.