Archery Talk Forum banner

Wich one?

808 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  riley1131
Hi. Im Going to buy a good bow that will last me for a long tine. Im only 12 so I need a kids bow. Im Looking at a Hoyt Trykon Spotr or Trykon Jr But Im also looking at A Martin P3. I NEED HELP!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Definitely look at the Diamond Rock. Draw length from 23 to 30". Also has the limb trade in program. That is my number one youth sales bow. Also look at the Equalizer if you are interested at maximum performance at at shorter draw length.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
PSE also has a nice flexible bow in the Stinger and Brute, the Stinger has about a 15 lb draw range which would probably enable you to get a 60 lb model and it fits draw ranges from 25-30 inches all with two modules and no bowpress needed. good value at $299 MSRP and will hang with a lot of bows that cost significatly more.

what you need to do is go into a shop have them set up every bow that you are interested in to your draw length and then shoot all of them and decide for yourself, really cannot go wrong with most of them. my brother in law is 12 and the bow that you are both looking for isnt necessarily a kids bow.

later
jkeiffer

· Banned
1,400 Posts
At 12 you are on the verge of an adult bow. Kind of in that "in between stage" I wouldn't buy a kids bow if you "want it to last you a long time".

A Hoyt Seven 37 with the Cam and 1/2 Plus will adjust DL 2 1/2".

I know a 12 year old with a Seven 37, 25-27.5 DL, 40-50# limbs shooting 43# now. It should last him a few more years and is much more of a bow than any of the youth bows. He is average sized for a 12 year old and also has a Hoyt Rintc. The Rintec looks like what it is, a kids bow, in his hands, the Seven 37 looks like it fits him well and it does.

· Registered
876 Posts
Hi. Im Going to buy a good bow that will last me for a long tine. Im only 12 so I need a kids bow. Im Looking at a Hoyt Trykon Spotr or Trykon Jr But Im also looking at A Martin P3. I NEED HELP!
I would choose the Hoyt over the martin p3..kind of a older bow isn't it?? Seems to me you have already made up ur mind with ur name hotboy47, haven't u?? Anyways, the new PSE Chaos would be the ultimate bow for a young guy...or if you have a few more bucks the X-Force SD would be the supreme hunting machine for U!!! Good luck with ur decision!! :wink:

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Definitely look at the Diamond Rock. As mentioned you can upgrade limbs. It is a very sweet bow!

· Registered
25,353 Posts
dude trust me dont get a kobalt if u r 12. u should be good for any new model bow out there and u will really regret buying a little kids bow.

try a martin bengal or moab. they r both 33 inches axel to axel and r really smooth to draw. they will probally be the best bows to get.

the moab is $450 and the bengal is like $350. or fred bear lights or game over r cheap to.

like i have a 12 yr old bro and he can shoot bigger bows fine. 33 axel to axel r great all around. and u will love a martin bengal im sure.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive never heard ove those bows. I also live in Australia and my dad wont let me buy from America. Ive done My Reashurch and im Definatly getting the Hoyt Trykon Sport. Thanks for all your Help, Expecially Bonehead1.

P.S. Where Did You Get that Name?

· Registered
25,353 Posts
Ive never heard ove those bows. I also live in Australia and my dad wont let me buy from America. Ive done My Reashurch and im Definatly getting the Hoyt Trykon Sport. Thanks for all your Help, Expecially Bonehead1.

P.S. Where Did You Get that Name?
me?

there was a band that i listen to called the sawtooth grin. and is a deathmetal kinda band ( grindcore is the real kind of genre but not to many people know what it is) and they just do screaming vocals so i put 2 and 2 togther and got sawtooth scream. it was just a random name i picked in like 2 seconds.

go to youtube and type in the sawtooth grin and u will see.

and martins r really a great bow. i bought mine when i was 11 it has 45-60 pound limbs and im still using it and im 18 now. it is a x ring killer and i slaughter kids in my legeau with it and they r shooting like $3000 dollar hoyt set ups and mathews. i like it alot but. im going to buy a hoyt katera or viper tec.

· Registered
681 Posts
Martin bengal would be my suggestion they come with all the dl mods youll need forever and their customer service is second to none. I dont have one but shot one the other day and next time I buy mathews will be high on the list. The main thing at your age is adjustibilty. I think ive seen some bengal setup pretty cheap too. The hoyts ive seen dont have much adjustment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.