Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello archers,

I need a Take Down recurve Samick from the Hunting bow line. I don't know wich one to choose. I'm 5.7' tall, 27" draw, looking for a 55 or 60 pound bow and I'll be shooting bare bow.
I'm intersted in precision over speed so should I choose a 62" or a 60" bow?

Any advice will help.
Thank you

·
32,571 Posts
What are you wanting to do with the bow? If hunting is the resaon then what is the least you can go to and be legal? that is where I would go if hunting is your thing. If 45lbs is legal then by all means go with it and the length of two inches is not all that important at this stage. What kind of money are you wanting to spend, is another question. A good take down entry level bow is the SAGE. Also, with the takedowns you can adjust the DW by getting new limbs rather cheap!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@rembrandt Thank you for your answer.
I'm not a beginner in archery and now I shoot a 50# 28" One piece Samick Red Stag. Main use will be 3D and hunting. I can go for Samick Birdseye Bullet (500$ at Lancaster) the expensive one, but I need some information.

·
Registered
885 Posts
What imfor on the bow are you looking at. At a 27 inch draw a 60 or 62 inch will be fine. birdeyes a great looking bow but that won,t make it more accurate. You are paying for nicer wood an finish. I have both the one piece an take down redstag. both great shooting bows the take down has more mass weight an a more rounder grip which I like better. I would go with one samick take down with two set of limbs one for 3-d an one for hunting or a 40 0r 45# for both 3-d an hunting the nighthawk is a looker an with two sets of limb,s would be less then 500.00.

·
32,571 Posts
@rembrandt Thank you for your answer.
I'm not a beginner in archery and now I shoot a 50# 28" One piece Samick Red Stag. Main use will be 3D and hunting. I can go for Samick Birdseye Bullet (500$ at Lancaster) the expensive one, but I need some information.
I see where your coming from....sorry I was thinking you were just getting in the game!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You will only be paying for cosmetics with the higher end Samicks...I would take Northern boy's advice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the ideea, thank You! What about 62" vs 60" long recurve? the longer should be more precise?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Precise comes from good form not a longer bow. If you had alonger draw then a 62 might be better for you. But you will shoot better with a lighter poundage bow. My 40# redstag would take a deer easy. So for precise think lighter not longer. Fun sport enjoy!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I shoot a Tradtech Pinnacle riser with Tradtech longbow and recurve limbs...both are made by Samick. I like the ILF system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts