Archery Talk Forum banner

Wife proof target house. Life time target

4367 Views 23 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Bownut400
I thought I would share what i had to do to replace the target house my wife took and used for a chicken house. This one is buried in the ground about 2.5ft, she won't be able to just hook the 4 wheeler on to it and drag it over to chicken land. Enjoy and thank you all for the ideas.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
611 Posts
looks like you got plenty of patience if you can build a nice target like that. Nice job need to make one myself my neighbor keeps coming over to shoot and wont shoot nothing but the center of my bag target he destroys a target in no time.

· Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3/4" plywood , chicken wire I stole from the wife,burlap from craft store, and a bunch of rags probably 100 lbs. I got a kreg pocket tool for x-mas and had to use it on something so I built this target. I was worried about the chicken wire and the carbon arrows, but it seems not to be a problem. I built another one and used a trampoline cage net for the stuffing holder and have not shot ivery much yet so I will let you knoww after a few hundred shots.

· Registered
2,452 Posts
3/4" plywood , chicken wire I stole from the wife,burlap from craft store, and a bunch of rags probably 100 lbs. I got a kreg pocket tool for x-mas and had to use it on something so I built this target. I was worried about the chicken wire and the carbon arrows, but it seems not to be a problem. I built another one and used a trampoline cage net for the stuffing holder and have not shot ivery much yet so I will let you knoww after a few hundred shots.
Rags, what kind of rags? Old shop rags that can't come clean? Some use old clothes, would that work with this too?

Looks good! I'm jealous. :)

· Registered
541 Posts
These things work awesome. I built one last spring that is 4'x4'. I have not had one yet that has not been stopped. I got my filler from a local thrift store that sells rags for a dollar a bag. I think with everything I have about 30 bucks in it. Nice job!

· Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good Looking Target! I built mine about a year ago 3'X5" One of the best decisions I made in selection of a target.
Looks good. How does the tarp hold up to the shooting?

· Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rags, what kind of rags? Old shop rags that can't come clean? Some use old clothes, would that work with this too?

Looks good! I'm jealous. :)
Thirft store clothes, make sure to take buttons and zippers off.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
I give your better half 5 points for driving the ATV, 5 points for hooking up the target house and 5 points for relocating it. That's 15 points! :smile:

Awesome, dv

· Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll tell you what my next target would of gone right on the side of the new chicken coop for a captive 3D shoot.:smile:
This was discussed in length and I lost as usual. I told her red chickens were a bonus 10 and the whites were only worth a 8 if they were clucking.

· Registered
248 Posts
Great job....... I love the ideas. very informative

· Registered
367 Posts
The tarp material is doing OK considering it's been in use for over a year. It's getting a little thin in spots. I figure I'll re-wrap the target as soon as the weather finally clears up.

· Registered
2,559 Posts
...my neighbor keeps coming over to shoot and wont shoot nothing but the center of my bag target he destroys a target in no time.
Sounds like you need to build a fence. ;-D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.