Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife has been showing quite a bit of interest in archery lately and she has been looking at bows.
She can handle about a 30# draw right now, and DL is 26".
Looking for something in the 30-40# range, doesn't have to be girly but that would be a bonus.
$300 is probably tops right now, until we figure out if this is just a Hunger Games fling....

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Have a mission riot for sale with a lot of adjustability , over your $300 mark though

·
Registered
436 Posts
Couple of suggestions. Get something easy to tune to save yourself the time. Start her off with balloons then once those start flying move on to water balloons. The instant gratification is impossible to beat because punching holes colored paper doesn't mean anything to her... yet. After you've gone through a good amount of water balloons get her on to 3d targets if she's not against shooting animals. Eventually take her to shoot some 3d with you and let her shoot the short distance till she's comfortable. You'll have the best shooting partner ever!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Couple of suggestions. Get something easy to tune to save yourself the time. Start her off with balloons then once those start flying move on to water balloons. The instant gratification is impossible to beat because punching holes colored paper doesn't mean anything to her... yet. After you've gone through a good amount of water balloons get her on to 3d targets if she's not against shooting animals. Eventually take her to shoot some 3d with you and let her shoot the short distance till she's comfortable. You'll have the best shooting partner ever!
Agreed and great advice..didn't quite do it the same but the same in theory and I just bought her a Carbon Rose a few nights ago and she was dead on before we left and our first 3d together starts first week of Febuary..I'm very excited for her

·
Blue Card Club
1,355 Posts
Take a look at a Mission Menace. It will hit right in your price range, most places around $230 for bow.....or $300 with rest, sight, quiver, peep set up. Adjustable draw, 2.95 lb, 31" A2A, if archery is not her thing, you will have no problems selling it. If it turns out she loves it, and over time outgrows it, again it will sell fast or keep it as a bow fishing bow. It's adjustable draw is out to 30". Good Luck.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Agreed and great advice..didn't quite do it the same but the same in theory and I just bought her a Carbon Rose a few nights ago and she was dead on before we left and our first 3d together starts first week of Febuary..I'm very excited for her
Good for you! Of course times may vary! Sling em straight!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all.
She found a Diamond she really likes and was shooting 4 inch groups after about 18 shots.
Really like the balloon idea that Eman88 suggested, instant gratification.
I think she'll be cool shooting 3d targets but I'm not holding my breath about anything with a heartbeat. :thumbs_up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.