Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how it is at my domain.......I hunt........or rather my passion is the hunt.....I spend a large quanity of money on hunting equipment, retired now but most of my vacation when working was spent on the sport.......my wife shot a nice buck.......then cried..mercy. she doesn't like venison, it stinks to cook. My son was born on Oct. 20, guess where I was...Got to the hospital to see him born, wasn't a good hunting day, but got my buck. My grandkids like the saugage and the jerky I make and even my son-in-law likes it , about the only thing we agree on. Two years ago I ate 3 deer myself, god was good or maybe I was? My venision chile is to kill for or so they say..........Good hunting. My first time with the x.

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Go get em Fox! Good luck this season. :smile:

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
My wife won't cook it or eat it and she doesn't want me to cook it at home so I cook it occasionally down at the farm (my home away from home).

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
My wife cooks it for me ... slices the stuff into medallions and makes me a pile about half the size of a basketball plus a couple of fried eggs, coffee (I don't drink it often), and English muffins.

She doesn't eat it at all.

BUT, what a feast for me!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
My wife wouldn't eat venison for the first 25yrs we were married...now she loves it! Go figure, sometimes it just takes time.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
lucky for me , everyone in my house eats it !!

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
Ryne, I have 1 pack of backstraps left , our season opens Sat. so I'm going to eat it tomorrow night !! Kinda like a ritual ...lol

·
Hero for Hire
1,322 Posts
Today after work and the gym i came home to big crock pot deer chili the lady had made us. Im fortunate that she loves to eat it and encourages me to hunt.

·
Registered
295 Posts
my wife to be loves to eat deer,she now doesnt want to eat beef anymore. I just wish she could cook worth a darn

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
My wife will not cook it, eat it, she wants nothing to do with any kind of wild meat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
my wife to be loves to eat deer,she now doesnt want to eat beef anymore. I just wish she could cook worth a darn

Hope your bride to be doesn't read the forum!!!! :pukey:

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Ryne, I have 1 pack of backstraps left , our season opens Sat. so I'm going to eat it tomorrow night !! Kinda like a ritual ...lol
Good luck to ya! I will be up in a tree as well.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My wife won't cook it or eat it and she doesn't want me to cook it at home so I cook it occasionally down at the farm (my home away from home).
Moon, remember Freedom is not free!

Can't remember the last time I bought ground beef, years, tacos, stew, you get the idea!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My wife likes her meat cooked WELL DONE. I refuse to cook back straps well so she doesn`t eat it. Oh well, I have to suffer and eat it all.:tongue:

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
My wife cooks it and my she and the kids both love to eat it as well. Thats why we put as many as we can in the freezer every year. Up to 10-12 deer a year get made into sausage,jerky,hamberger,whole hams for large family cookouts,neck roast,ham steaks,tenderloin medallions,ribs,and chunked up for stew beef and also canned.. We by little to no beef and I process every deer thats killed on my own.. Rather have it then beef!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I pretty well eat wild game/walleyes everyday of the year,I do most of the cooking here though. ALL wild game needs to be medium rare or have the S--t cooked (crockpot) out of it. The only wild game that I feel is bad is woodcock and coot but I don't like liver either. We used to raise beef cattle and even then mostly venison

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
I pretty well eat wild game/walleyes everyday of the year,I do most of the cooking here though. ALL wild game needs to be medium rare or have the S--t cooked (crockpot) out of it. The only wild game that I feel is bad is woodcock and coot but I don't like liver either. We used to raise beef cattle and even then mostly venison
LMAOROTF!~!!! We got a mixed drinks in us one year while duck hunting on the coast of NC and cooked up a few coots and it was like eating the slimy green stuff that grows on the bottom of a boat dock!!!! You gotta be one HUNGRY sumbeach to eat coots...!!!! Cant put enuff garlic/hotsauce on them even drunk!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife loves venison, bear, you name it. She would rather have venison than beef

1 - 20 of 28 Posts