Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife shoots a Hoyt Rintec @ 46# and 22 inch draw .What does anyone think about a 3555 GT at 22.5 or 23.0 2 inch fusion and 75 Grain field tip or Rocky Mountain Supreme 75 Grain B/H. Any ideas on flight before i cut arrows.....?

·
Registered
362 Posts
if you run those arrows on the program they are way to stiff . My wife shoots with 43# with a 25 inch draw. She shot the 3555 for a long time and killed deer with them and won a tournament or two. I recently switched her to a 700 spine Harvest Time HT 1. The difference was seen very quickly . So for hunting and practice the 3555 will be fine but if you want the optimal arrow for the bow you need a weaker spine .

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I agree. Being a guy, short draw by some standards (27"), and shooting light weight (47#) I've found that a 500 spine (GT3555) is too stiff. I shoot an UL600 and this is marginally stiff with target points. They'd probably be pretty close if shooting inserts and 75gr screw-in points, but I don't hunt any more so keep things simple by using glue-ins.

In your wife's case I think a 600 spine would be nice for hunting and/or 3D using a 75gr tip with insert. Don't forget. That insert weight should be added with the point weight. Something like a GT UL600 or Victory VAP 600 would be almost ideal with a small 2 or 3 blade narrow cut broadhead. If more weight is desired to enhance pentration you could always opt for heavier vanes and point (do both to keep a good FOC)

If for target I would recommend a VAP 700 spine. Another good choice would be Easton Carbon One in a 660 or 730 spine. Either with an 80 gr glue-in point should work well.

Bear in mind that I'm assuming a 25" arrow and am not using any of the computer programs. Just pulling things from experience and memory There may be some other choices from other manufacturers, but I don't know them all

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,523 Posts
For hunting put a 100 grain cut on contact broadhead out front and it'll be fine. The arrow being a bit stiffer and heavier will only help with penetration.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
leave it a little long...at least 23 maybe even 24 and put a 100 on the tip....the longer shaft will stabilize better and faster than short shaft....plus she won't be as nervous pulling a broadhead back since it'll be in front of her hand and no way to cut her

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I shoot 50lbs but with a 26" draw and I use GT 3555 with 125g broadheads and field points, and they fly awesome. Way better than the 100g points flew for some reason. And I got a complete pass through on my buck last year with 125g slick trick magnums.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You everyone its been a good insight. she shoots Cheetah 650 out of one bow, Epic st jr out of another , Speedmax pro from another .She has faired well on Bear and 200 lb plus whitetails all with pass threws just looking for another option....THANK AGAIN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts