Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I ended up with some bloodsport Impact one arrows at 300 spline 11.(somethin) gpi and with the 42 grain outcert. My wife's bow is 43 lbs and 26" drawl. Gonna have 100 grain head. I know it will be over spined but do you think I could get true flight with these? I figured the head weight would help but then again I don't understand spine and foc.

· Den Bow's Custom Arrows
4,740 Posts
If the bow is tuned really well, the bow will shoot them. The problem, at 43# with that heavy an arrow they will drop like a ton of bricks. The difference from 20 to 30 yards, I don't know if you could get the pins that far apart. She really needs to be in a 400 or maybe even a 500 spine.

· Registered
11,913 Posts
Actually, 600 spine would be perfect. Look at Victory VAP. My wife shoots them at 44 pounds on her 2014 Hoyt CS 30 at 25.5" 282 fps. Always scores ___ "up" on the 3D course. She just shot thru a deer at 20 yards too! Tip, buy the cheaper .006" tolerance and cut an equal amount off both ends!

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know how much a difference the 40 grain outcert and a 100 grain head makes? I've always heard that if your to stiff increase head weight. I'll be running the blood sports and want to get the correct spine with all that weight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.