Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my wife started shooting last year and this is her first year hunting (bow). She has been practicing religiously all summer long. I think she was more excited about opener than me (and thats near impossible). She is shooting a Mathews Lx set at 25.5" and 52lbs (she worked really hard to get to that poundage). I set her up inbetween a bedding area and a cornfield on top of a bluff. I set out a trail cam a couple weeks before season and captured a nice 9pt, that was visiting regularly.
Opening evening I helped her into her stand, got her harnessed up, and told her to radio me if she got one. I no more than got settled into my stand when... I GOT HIM I GOT HIM!!!! I called her back on the two-way and told her to stay in the stand till I got there so I could find her arrow or so I could mark where to start looking for blood.... I approached her stand and found her arrow stuck in the ground clean as a whistle, she had missed, but I dont think it was from lack of practice, she was shaking all the way home and I think this was a good indicator to what happened on her shot.
Needless to say, I think this is a great start to a REALLY good deer story, I will post pictures of her with her deer when she gets that 2nd opportunity :)... Here is a picture of the deer she missed

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
man that sucks tell wifie i feel for her that was nice deer if she sticks with it she will pro get chance at him or another deer again .my wife is practicing with her bow im hoping that she will hunt with it this year looking forward to seeing pic of that 9 point with her beside id good luck to both

·
Registered
839 Posts
wow thats quite a first hunt.. im sure she is more than hooked now. misses happen, just let her know that and good luck next time out. she'll get another crack. good luck.

nick

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Sorry to hear about the miss. Better luck next time.

I had my daughter run around the yard twice as fast as she could. Then I told her to shoot at the deer target. She said she was out of breath and I said shoot any ways. After harvesting her first deer on the first day she hunted told me shooting the deer was 10 times harder then running around the yards.:wink:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
That buck just might come back in a couple of days.

Buck Fever. It's not just "a guy thing" anymore.:wink:

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,530 Posts
Can you imagine the PAR-TAAAY at home when she drills her first buck!!!!
Excited wives are a good thing!:wink: :D :D :eek: :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts