Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I had stomach stepps, didnt care for them, never could get the knot down. Just didnt feel great about them. Straps are easier.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have 2 sets of the Wild Edge steps ! They are quiet with no cam buckles like the primal steps to clang around and they also pack in there bag very nice for easy transport into the field. with a little practice they are very simple and quiet to install ! One thing I will say though is use they on a smooth bark or fairly smooth bark tree !

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
I have 2 sets of the Wild Edge steps ! They are quiet with no cam buckles like the primal steps to clang around and they also pack in there bag very nice for easy transport into the field. with a little practice they are very simple and quiet to install ! One thing I will say though is use they on a smooth bark or fairly smooth bark tree !
?
Can you re-type that Redlab?; not sure what you're saying...they do or they don't work well on smooth bark?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I own some and found that on rough bark and soft trees they don't work very well. With practice they are a good option but I like sticks better. They're great to pack but slower to get to hunting height

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured I would try the primals for $21.99/4. If like them and the buckles are an issue figured I would order some amsteel.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I have a set of 10 wild edge stepps i will be using this year. Main reason is packability. Yes, they are slightly slower to get setup but i'm not in a race to get up the tree. I can fit 10 stepps, my tree saddle, and my saddle platform into a 2200 cu. in. daypack, with room to spare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts