1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
The guy was cited, not arrested. The only violation was Rob hadn't attached the tag to the bear, it was in his pocket so it wouldn't get pulled off in the brush. The bear was 375#. Camp was no more than where the trucks were parked and as for that gull bladder, Nat geo played that one up for you guys. Everybody present had to sign a waiver, the citation is a matter of public record. No one was arrested and there was no poaching.
I think this is a bad spin for hunters, as these guys were all legal and Rob and the guys are pretty steamed at being called poachers on tv. Not how it went down man.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that episode last night and will reserve judgment on the gall bladder scene as I was not present at the kill site. I know how TV can manipulate a sequence of events for drama's sake, and how people feel about how they are portrayed.
I did see him write the guy a citation for the failure-to-tag, and they made a point of explaining the CA law about immediately validating and attaching tag upon kill. Hunter failed to do this. Fair citation in my book.
In your pocket is not what the law says. Don't like the law? Have it changed. Until it is changed, you get to follow it, or risk a citation. You can attach a tag and not have it come out in the brush. Sewn inside the ear is a good one. Especially if you are only going down the hill a few hundred yards.

Knowing a few game officers, this is a common violation. Also, a commonly attempted excuse by the guy on his third deer in a one-deer season. The only person who knows the hunter's intent is the hunter himself, and he will get his day in court.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts