Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this yet? Give me some feedback on how you liked it, does it work well, is it worth the cost, things like that. Any opinions will help.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Got one

Now I need the DVD.........dadgum, this thing has OPTIONS......and someone will have to tell me about em, cause I don't have the time to figger em all out.
Very well made pack.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I got it

I hooked the blind up to a pack frame that I had laying around since I was in the boy scouts and used it for hiking trips. It seems to work fine, however, even with three straps around it, it still wants to slide. There is no room for my bow and accessories though. Does anyone have other opinions on the pack or maybe a cheap way they found to carry this blind comfortably. Thanks for all of your help. Maybe if I go with the pack, is there somewhere cheaper I can buy it besides the $230.00 I found it for.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
You want to talk to AT member hairlessone AKA Rick Love.
He will send you a DVD that shows and tells all.
His prices are better than what you quoted.
I have one and the DVD showed everything you could want to know.
I would hate to tote the blind and everything else I carry with out it.
They are well made.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday.Awesome pack very well thought out and made. The thing has so many pockets and pouches a pouch for the blind one for the bow. Water bladder A velcro srap for your range finder and knife. I mght have to go out and buy more stuff just to fill it lol. You will not be sorry for getting one well worth the money got mine for 200 bucks. Big thumbs up!!!

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
arrow head 147 said:
You want to talk to AT member hairlessone AKA Rick Love.
He will send you a DVD that shows and tells all.
His prices are better than what you quoted.
I have one and the DVD showed everything you could want to know.
I would hate to tote the blind and everything else I carry with out it.
They are well made.
Absolutley.

$199 shipped!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
DB Wild Thing

I'm also seriously considering purchasing one of these to carry my DB Matrix blind. This thing is really something, a little $$ but it appears to be well worth the money when compared to other packs. This pack is made for DB by Blacks Creek and if you go to their website , www.blacks-creek.com they have a 27 minute video link which I believe is the same as the DB DVD.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't believe it!!!

I had bought a pack from Walmart last year for $20.00. It is made by Fieldline which I guess is the knockoff of some of the more expensive packs you find at Cabela's. Anyway, it is very long and has an internal frame for sturdiness, hydration compatible, two side pockets, one long front pocket (vertical), and a waterproof pocket in the flap that covers the top of the main storage compartment. To summarize, it looks and acquires similiar features as the wild thing. I sat and studied the picture of the wild thing and realized that I had a similiar pack in my closet. I tried it out, and "whalla", instant wild thing pack for less than a pack of broadheads. This pack has heavy duty shoulder straps, a waist belt, and holds all of my gear including my chair, bow holder, and a 70 oz. bladder of water. I don't have any pics, but I will add that Walmart saved me at least $180.00. Even though I bought this pack last year, I went there today and luckily bought the exact same pack just in case this one would fail me in anyway or if they stop making it. I am one who strives on trial and error and how much money I can save. I'll let you all know how this $20.00 pack rates once I put it through vigorous training.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
To summarize, it looks and acquires similiar features as the wild thing.
Protec,
not to be rude but you really have no idea what the wild thing is like till you have one in your hands and see what it can do and see the quality. The video doesnt even do it justice.

rick

·
Registered
325 Posts
DB Wild Thing

I work hard for my money and thoroughly review a product before I lay out that amount of $$ on something. Last year I was in need of a childcarrier/backpack and and ended up choosing a Kelty pack over the cheaper department store brands. Could have went cheaper but not near the quality of a pack. This year I was in need of a pack that would accomidate my DB matrix and all of my hunting gear. The folks at Blacks Creek really make quality products and have really come up with a nice unit for Double Bull. The quality of it compares to that of the BD blinds. After a thorough review of available packs I went with the DB Wild Thing. I am all for saving $$ and ordered mine from Rick, can't go wrong with his prices on these.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have the backpack you're talking about...

...and it will certainly hold a lot of stuff. Well, it used to anyway...

It ripped near the bottom on the first day of a hunt last year, and it was a pain keeping it together until I could get back to camp (2 miles). The rest of the hunt was kinda shot because it was a pain getting back to the hunt area, and there wasn't any going back to the store for another pack.

Other people may have used the same bag for years with no issues. And to be honest, for some people, it wouldn't bother them to have this happen to them, they'd just laugh about it later, even after having an equipment failure dampen what should have been a good hunting experience. But it totally pissed me off! When I have an equipment failure, I blame myself, not the equipment. I generally consider my equipment an investment, and That having been said, this year I bought two packs (I have two DB blinds) that have both been stellar performers- the Cabela's Ultralight Pack, and the Wild Thing. I love them both. The Cabela's pack is lighter than a school kid's backpack (empty) and roomy, and the Wild Thing is the most versatile pack I've ever seen, and holds everything one could possibly think of. And since the panels on the WT come off and hang up in the blind, I'm organized and have everthing I need at my fingertips.

Thanks again, Rick! I must admit that was a really smart purchase...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts