Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've been an AT member for a couple years, and when appropriate, I'd attach a picture of the latest drawing I was working on.
I wanted post a thread of my latest pencil work. My original drawings are usually wildlife and scenes that are native to my area of New England, but have a universal look. Many of the birds and wildlife I do are found all over the US.
I make most of my living doing portraits in pencil. Most have been children, but I've also done horses and particularly love sporting dogs.
When I do commissioned portraits they generally take between 35 and 150 hours to complete. They range in price from $900 for a small matted piece to $4000 for a larger custom framed piece. Most often I have to add travel costs but try to keep it as low as possible and if there is more than one customer in an area I can split it up. I try to make it affordable by offering an installment plan and also accepting paypal.
Many good examples of my work are on my on my site but I've posted a few new commissioned portraits and some originals.
Please leave your comments, questions or whatever else.. they are all freehand pencil drawings on 300lb watercolor paper.. no tracing! www.ryanjacque.com

in order they are:
Ridge Patrol- whitetail buck
Teresa- commission children's portrait
Max- commission children's portrait
Big shoes to fill- Canana goose/goslings
whitetail buck portrait- image on the 2005 Massachusetts archery stamp

thanks for looking, Ryan Jacque

ps.. I'll be accepting new portrait clients for Christmas gifts until mid October. Unless otherwise agreed, I ask for 1/3 deposit of finished drawing plus travel

Attachments

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
Very nice!

Very nice work. Your pencil work has an almost photographic quality to it. I will be retiring from teaching next June, and hope to do affordable wildlife prints as a supplement to the retirement income. I have looked at quite a bit of art in the last many years. Yours is very, very good. Best of luck with it.:)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
portrait and wildlife art by AT member Ryan D. Jacque

adding a few more: all pencil as well
Francesca- commission children's portrait
Showdown- killdeer drawing that was part of the exhibit called Birds in Art, held in Wisconsin
Blowdown- whitetail buck in velvet
Natalie- commission children's portrait
Francesca- close-up detail

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
you have an extraordinary talent, awesome work.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they look great
Very nice work. Your pencil work has an almost photographic quality to it. I will be retiring from teaching next June, and hope to do affordable wildlife prints as a supplement to the retirement income. I have looked at quite a bit of art in the last many years. Yours is very, very good. Best of luck with it.:)
Thanks guys!!
Always little more satisfying to get positive feedback from other hunters. I felt that because hunters have such a unique and patient way of looking at things, that they might appreciate what I do. I know I use the same level of observation when I'm in the woods that I do when I'm analyzing details in a drawing

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,451 Posts
I'm so jealous! The texture you are able to create is unbeleivable. Reminiscent of Paul Calle, but better.

Do you give lessons?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Excellant

I just wish I could afford one. Would be awesome to do one of my buck on the wall, but with the rest of him in a natural setting :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
$900 - $4000.

Sounds expensive.

Looks like it is worth every penny and then some!

Awesome!

Wish I had 1/10 of your talent.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My gf and I love art and those are just amazing. How you get hair to look like its just flowing baffles me. Great work indeed

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks

thanks again..
watching me draw hair is very much like watching grass grow.. or waiting for deer season to get here
Ryan

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
expensive

$900 - $4000.

Sounds expensive.

Looks like it is worth every penny and then some!

Awesome!

Wish I had 1/10 of your talent.
I agree, it's more than I could afford to pay someone for a service. I also figure that not everyone is a starving artist with a family like me.. It's all a matter of priorities. I know what I do is not a necessity, and that makes it stressful at times, but I love doing it anyway.
Ryan
ps.. thanks for the kind words

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Exceptional work and you have a gifted talent that's for sure....Awesome work

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
an apology

I was informed today by an administrator that I was in the wrong for posting this thread. I have been given an infraction for advertising which will expire next month. Sorry to the AT forum. I only meant to show my work, and certainly did not intend to break AT rules
Thank you to those who left the positive comments
Ryan

1 - 20 of 99 Posts