Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a couple Wildview 2mp and have some questions. My hope was that I could use my Kodak digital camera as a viewer where I could pull the SD card from the cam, put it in the Kodak and be able to see the pics. When I tried this, all I got was white pics. Shouldn't this work? What does everyone use as a field viewer with these cams?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
That should work just fine. If you are seeing all white pics its probably the cameras. I've had horrible luck with wildviews. Super slow trigger and extremely short battery life.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Turn off the flash and take a few pictures with the cam. See if you still have all white pic.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have about 7 cameras and the one Wildview I have is the worst of the bunch. I will never buy another one. l

I use a 7" picture frame viewer, available at Wally World to view the pics at the truck or boat. I use a small inverter to run the viewer. I tell you what though. The quality if 2 mp is not really good enough to see much detail on anything less than a 17" computer screen. Oh, you may be able to tell there is an animal there, but will be disappointed 98% of the time. I don't want to throw cold water on your plans. I am just telling you about my disappointments and experiences.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bought a couple Wildview 2mp and have some questions. My hope was that I could use my Kodak digital camera as a viewer where I could pull the SD card from the cam, put it in the Kodak and be able to see the pics. When I tried this, all I got was white pics. Shouldn't this work? What does everyone use as a field viewer with these cams?
I use my canon 3.2 meg Elph and it work fine.

If all your getting is white pics then maybe its from the sun or the SD card wasn't formatted correctly.

Or the camera is bad.

I have and run about 14 of these cameras and bought all of them from Academy Outdoors.

They take back everything if you find the right person so once one doesn't work right I just exchage it for a new one.

I did happen to buy one of the moultre D-40 and I like them better.

Longer battery life and better pics.

Both are a little slow on the trigger but I set up on feeders so it doesnt really matter.

I have been pleased with the Wildviews but will get D-40s in the future.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
definitly the trail camera cause i used to check mine with my wifes kodiak

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try it without the flash. Its just setup in the basement and taking some pics of the cats during the night as a test.

How do the SD cards get formatted? Cant they just be put right in from the box?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts