Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone has used these at all. Theres a local Kmart closing and they have like 12 of the 8 MP cams marked down to 56 bucks. Ive only run moultrie, cuddeback and reconyx cameras, but for 60 bucks or so an 8 MP IR cam might be decent perhaps?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Haven't heard much of the 8 megapixel Wildview cams. Since they are a Stealth family cam, you might have some cs issues. Not real well known for prompt service.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm not one to bash anyone's product but I was given 2 as a present last year and by the end of the season neither were still working. After taking them down it seems as if both had either absorbed moisture or rain had entered camera somehow and both are shot. I wouldn't buy another based on my experience with em.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I bought a wildview cam at Gander for cheap last year, not sure of the model, but it did not make through the season.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
sent you a p.m. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Between a friend and myself we have six of the older models. 2007 or 2008. Can't trust them to work. We never know if we will get great pictures or they will freeze and NO pictures. Also short battery life. I only use mine in areas where someone might steal them. So far no luck....their still there when I check them. Mel

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've messed around with quite a few different brands and Wildview is one. I have one working now(or so I hope) and will be checking this weekend. It's performed well so far and takes nice pix. Don't use an SD card that has old info.on from different camera. Seems to really lock certain brand cameras up. Get new sd cards and just use them in that camera and you should have better luck on it lasting.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
They actually take good pics but the weathering quality stinks buddy of mine has some of them and I think the weathering seal is more of an idea not a seal. .got wet and we were in a major drought round here. . And they dont last long. . So maybe get a security box for them to keep them drier

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts