Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy's just wanna say the folks at wildviews tech service are tops, i have the 5 meg pix with IR and it was taking blank white daytime shots the other day, so i figured i would call them (num on batt cover)and the tech gentilman walked me thru a reset procedure which involved removing 1 battery, thats right 1 batt, for a minute and the thing now works fine!!!

if you ever have a problem with one of your wildviews before you return it or toss it try this batt removal prodcedure....

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
what is the exact procedure? I was told by wildview that I would have to send them my brand new camera and in 12-16 weeks they would send me a refurbished one. . . I would be interested in trying this method. . .

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes with the came off remove the SD card and then set the came switch to test, the display will read test, then set switch to off and remove 1 batt. cout down 1 and 1/2 minute and reinstall that 1 batt then put batt back in. this basically resets the cams electronics and will cure most any problems it might have, kinda like doing a reset on yout PC.

if you were having whireout issues then take the cam outside in daylight and turn it on and take a pic of yourself(u can hold the cam) and make sure the ir doesnt illuminate.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
thanks, ill try it. .the issues I had were whiteout until I checked the camera. . it would take a normal pic when I was in front of it to turn it off and get the card out, but every other pic, day or night was white. .It is sitting in my gun locker while I use my Moultries, but ill see if it works. . .

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, ill try it. .the issues I had were whiteout until I checked the camera. . it would take a normal pic when I was in front of it to turn it off and get the card out, but every other pic, day or night was white. .It is sitting in my gun locker while I use my Moultries, but ill see if it works. . .
yea the problem i had was nite pics came out normal but any day pics were just as white as a sheet of paper, the guy at WV explained what happens is the IR goes off during every shot and when that happens in daylight you get the whiteout effect, he also said if your cam is doing this you will see the IR illuminate in daylight when you walk in front of the cam and i do recall seeing this wondering why?? the tel number is on the cam and i learned it's a good idea to give them a call instead of going thru the warranty merry go round:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts