Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Im new to archery teaching myself, I don't know how all of that works, I ordered a plunger and I'm wanting to order a whisker biscuit. Will the two work together?

·
Registered
49,444 Posts
Welcome
First off a WB rest will not work correctly on a recurve. secondly a plunger wouldn't be needed with a WB.
I'm going to suggest you find a shop close by, a club or someone that has some experience in shooting that can do hands on with you for a little while.
Also if your doing traditional archery you should go to the section on here dealing with that style of shooting. The information will be more geared to what your doing. Compounds and traditional equipment are totally different realms.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The plunger pushes the arrow towards center on a flipper rest or similar. The whisker biscuit would simply hold the arrow center. That being said wb is more for a compound.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The WB will interfere with what is called Archer's Paradox (the bending of the arrow away from the riser as it leaves the bow without hitting it). The WB will prevent that and cause serious flight issues.
Why don't you start with a Hoyt Super Rest ($2.50). You can even use it without a plunger to start with.

·
(aka lug nut)
47,338 Posts
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Im new to archery teaching myself, I don't know how all of that works, I ordered a plunger and I'm wanting to order a whisker biscuit. Will the two work together?
STOP and read a book on archery...or several books.

Shooting the Stickbow by Anthony Camera is a good one.
His AT username = Viper1.

Arrow rests designed for a recurve look and work one way.
Arrow rests designed for a compound bow look and work another way.

Plunger plus RECURVE arrow rest works a WHOLE lot better.

Lancaster Archery's website is a gREAT place to learn about RECURVE arrow rests.

ENTIRE section of the website full of RECURVE arrow rests.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bow-accessories/arrow-rests/recurve-finger-rests.html?

So,
if you look for a Whisker Biscuit,
you will NOT find the Whisker Biscuit in the RECURVE arrow rest section of the Lancaster Archery website....for a pretty obvious reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts