Archery Talk Forum banner

will a rachet strap work on a hang on??

906 15
ok so u know where the chain goes around the tree and connects to the hangon on the other side im just wandering of i could use a ratchet strap there because that chain doing it one man is not working out so good to make it tight enough. so would only one ratchet strap around there work or would u get something different or do it different?

thanks
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,135 Posts
yea thats all i use on mine, change them out every year!!!

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok sweet thanks :) that will be awsome

going to have to pick a few up :).

· Registered
5,236 Posts
yep

I got rid of the chain on my new millenium and went with a ratchet strap 3 yrs ago..I hate chains..noisey and heavy.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
make sure you get a good one,,,i have busted lots of R straps binding loads on trucks

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mk so i decided on smart straps and got the set of two camouflage rachetx but know i dont get how to use them. i opened up the package and i dont see how it can attach to anything or how it can evean fit around a 1ft tree when its actully 6ft lol.

· Registered
209 Posts
ditto

ratchet straps are the only way to go, replace em every year!

· Registered
227 Posts
Jesse, if u wanna quiet the chain wrap it in duct tape(they have camo if ya really have to have it) and I always at least use 1 more strap on bottom (use 2 if ya can) after I jump on platform to set the stand properly. Be safe buddy. See ya in chat!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.