Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a question for you southern guys, but will deer eat rice. I mean in the field or as a food plot not poured out on the ground. Someone was asking about a foodplot in a place that stays real wet and I was wonderin if rice would work.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
This may be a question for you southern guys, but will deer eat rice. I mean in the field or as a food plot not poured out on the ground. Someone was asking about a foodplot in a place that stays real wet and I was wonderin if rice would work.
I think it depends on what other food sources are around.....but if it got down to needing food,,,,yes.But i doubt that deer would pass up acorns,beans,corn..etc......for it.

·
Registered
25,023 Posts
isnt rice bad for animals stomachs? idk

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isnt rice bad for animals stomachs? idk
You shouldn't feed it to birds because it will swell and kill them. Althought ducks and geese thrive on it so I guess it depends on the bird. It will kill a chicken. I don't think it would hurt a deer too bad unless they just ate a ton. Corn swells too maybe not as much though.

·
Registered
25,023 Posts
You shouldn't feed it to birds because it will swell and kill them. Althought ducks and geese thrive on it so I guess it depends on the bird. It will kill a chicken. I don't think it would hurt a deer too bad unless they just ate a ton. Corn swells too maybe not as much though.
k thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts