Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching this buck he is now a 3 year old next year he will be a 4 and the guy next to our property plants about 100 acres of soybeans every year and he doesn't hunt... Do y'all think this buck would be a possible GA shooter next year?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If he's 3 now, I kinda doubt that he'll blow up into anything special. Foxes don't seem to bother him much though.

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
if he's truly 3, doesn't look to have great genetics. doesn't mean he won't blow up over the summer but my guess would be that he doesn't have a lot of top end potential.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's the same buck I think he is he's 3 but looking closer he may be 2 but havin a closer look at him idk if it's the same buck or not

·
pro deer watcher
2,336 Posts
Let's see he will make steaks burgers chops roast tacos spaghetti anything you want him to

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
I would say no, but I saw one in my old club explode from 3 years to 4 years. Of course it was a Georgia buck, so it's all relative, but he did gain a lot.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
That's a 2.5 year old, he needs to grow another 2 years to be anything special.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If he's three now, I would shoot him next year. He will be a little nicer, but still a mature buck and I would be happy to kill him, unless I knew there was a much larger mature buck in the area

·
Registered
116 Posts
If that things over 3 yrs old, you need to start putting out minerals or something to improve antler growth. Maybe consider food plots and supplemental feed as well. I live and hunt in Georgia also and I have 1.5 yr old deer with more mass than that.

·
Hero for Hire
1,322 Posts
LOL, is this is real question or someone trying to be me?

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
depends on many factors. How much he eats, what he eats, and what line of bucks did he come from. I know this, if he makes it a couple more years, he'll be a lot larger. I passed on a deer the last couple years, and he's gotten pretty big. I haven't seen him in the last month, so he's either been shot OR gone on a long walk. HOPE he made it! I passed on his younger brother this year, just a small 8 like the one you are showing. I hope he grows a bit also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts