Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoyt is looking to steal the market share again!! Buy releasing the line early they are creating some serious excitement about the 04 line up. I had wondered sense my first year in archery "2002 :)"why they took so long to let the cat out of the bag.

I look at my situation and think, I considered bowtech this year not becasue Hoyt was not a good bow, but becasue I wanted to try something diffrent. Now hoyt is showing some serious promise and bowtech has shown me nothing. I will wait but how many archers will? With the promise of a new hoyt and no word from others will the majority wait to see what the others have to offer? Or will Hoyt get even more new customers from the early market?

The ST risers dont impress me but a faster UT does, Bowtech has a serious color option problem those plane jane solid colors are not getting it for me. I would not even consider Mathews becasue of lack of dealer support in my area. There is a dealer but IMO no support.

Unlike a lot fo you, Martin just has no market here, I am the only person I know in this area that owned a Martin target bow. Why I dont know.

Bowtech has antoher bad thing going for it. My dealer has contacted them and ask to start a dealership, but they have not even bothered to call him back, Now if he does not get the line then there will be no bowtech in my stable next year.

It truly is a shame but you know what, I kicked a little ass last year with my 03 ut and it would not beark my heart to do it with an 04...

Rant Complete!

Roger

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, at this point I see a 2004 Ultratec XT2000 Spiral Cam 1/2 silver flame Or Protec same specs. Will that change? Never know;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Grndzer,Buying a bowtec instead of a HOYT is like taking a step backwards and steping off a cliff at the same time.Nothing I would want to do:)

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Grndzr, you may want to wait. Check out the link in the 2004 BowTech thread I started. Falling off a cliff may be preferable to your other option.:D

BTW, the offer to shoot my bows still stands.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you sir, I have been so busy I have had no time.

At this point I have to wait and see if bowtech ever calls Harold back and gets the dealership setup.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Save your cash and go with a G2 if you want just a hunting bow!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with you Grndzer. Hoyt has created all the excitement about the 2004 bows. We haven't heard much from any of the other big companies. I think it's a marketing mistake, becuase once you get excited about a bow, it's hard to shift that excitement to another one.

My Hoyt dealer here is pitiful, but I'm willing to drive 2 hours to a nearby town who has an excellent dealer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
coolbodee you live in Knoxville right?. Don't you have Joe's Sporting Goods in Newport?. I think thats a good hoyt dealer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would have to agree with coolbodee I was very excited to see the new martin line up but that is taking forever and a day it seems, and now that hoyt has givin us a look at what is coming/available I think my mind is made up and it is going to take something HUGE to change it.

Its seems to bad for martin that hoyt has beat them to the punch on there own web site yet but I guess its just all a part of the game.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Nobody in their right mind would shoot a G2 over a new Hoyt. They deffinetly wouldn't if they have shot Hoyt before. As Grndzr has.

·
Registered
521 Posts
BH for the money the G2 is a great bow! Don't get me wrong I would take the new hoyt also, BUT if you want a "cheaper" priced bow the G2 is good!

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
No if you want a cheaper priced bow buy a used Hoyt.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Backwards

I think that Hoyt took five steps backwards! I maybe wrong, but others before have tried the shoot through riser design. New concept? Nah just an old design. Hummm, where did those old designs go? But since it says Hoyt on the bow maybe they will sell.

:D

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Backwards you are on crack. They didn't say the ST was a new design. Mathews would have. But nobody has made a ST tec riser. There is nothing wrong with a ST riser alot of people like them. They just cost more than the standard riser.

·
Registered
307 Posts
No, I am not on crack! Maybe coke in a red can.(LOL)
They dont have to say its a new design, everyone would think so anyway. To me its a new design on an old throw back! So I maybe backwards in my thinking, so what. By the way I like my DCPRO even if it is hanging on my wall. Shoots good when I shoot it. But I wonder why I bought a Merlin. Maybe cause I think it shoots better than my Hoyt.

:D

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
No, I am not on crack! Maybe coke in a red can.(LOL)
LOL. ST risers are sweet most just don't want to pay the extra money. I bet Hoyt sells alot of them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts