Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
So putting a sight, rest, or a stab on it would do the same thing? I am interested in this response.

I think that it might void the part of the warranty regarding finish, but not functionality or performance.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I believe it does. Adding things such as sights and rest does not alter the bow, Hoyt drills and taps specific parts of the bow for the additions. Hoyt does not ship bows with a fresh coat of primer so you can dip them in whatever pattern you like, if that makes sense. I would guess the reason behind a hydro dip voiding a warranty is the fear that the chemicals used may alter the integrity of the bow, if the bow happened to be heated for any reason in the process that could also affect the bow itself.

I do not know much about hydro dipping so I could be way off, that is just my guess.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
So putting a sight, rest, or a stab on it would do the same thing? I am interested in this response.

I think that it might void the part of the warranty regarding finish, but not functionality or performance.
Unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Same in the bike industry. You cannot paint or powder coat or alter a bike finish in most cases unless it's through an authorized finisher, otherwise you void the warranty which these days is big since most companies are lifetime on the frame.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
It does

·
Dont sing it, bring it!!
4,607 Posts

So someone if wants to powder coat their bow and over heats it in the oven, warps the riser, you think Hoyt should cover it under warranty?

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
This guys obviously challenged...v ---- Be nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe it does. Adding things such as sights and rest does not alter the bow, Hoyt drills and taps specific parts of the bow for the additions. Hoyt does not ship bows with a fresh coat of primer so you can dip them in whatever pattern you like, if that makes sense. I would guess the reason behind a hydro dip voiding a warranty is the fear that the chemicals used may alter the integrity of the bow, if the bow happened to be heated for any reason in the process that could also affect the bow itself.

I do not know much about hydro dipping so I could be way off, that is just my guess.
Hey, thanks for the response without the hate. I get your point, and I am not as dumb as some of the replies made it seem. I was just juxtaposing the similarities of modification.Perhaps, a better choice could have been made.

The hydrodip process (other than the primer, which you are dead on about), would be no more than putting a decal on the bow.

I am NOT supporting that someone do this, especially on a new bow under warranty.

·
Registered
51,147 Posts
Hey, thanks for the response without the hate. I get your point, and I am not as dumb as some of the replies made it seem. I was just juxtaposing the similarities of modification.Perhaps, a better choice could have been made.

The hydrodip process (other than the primer, which you are dead on about), would be no more than putting a decal on the bow.

I am NOT supporting that someone do this, especially on a new bow under warranty.
You can rationalize all you want it voids the warranty----that simple. It's not a decal per say. Unless you have put a bow back together after any process of changing the color/pattern you will realize things do not fit exactly like you took it apart without some sanding. Like the others said the bow company does not have control over "how" it's done=voided warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts