Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i have a question you may or may not know, but here it goes.
because of the storm knocking down so many trees, i had to chop up some with an axe to get rid of them.
will my arms be hurting tomorrow and have to miss my tournament?
has this happened to you and what happened? i have to decide today what i am going to do. :(
thankx

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
archery1 said:
will my arms be hurting tomorrow
We can help with a lot of things, Cory, but we can't tell you how much wood you can chop. You might not be able to do more than get the axe to stick in the tree before it hurts, you might be able to breeze through it - we simply don't know, so can't help.

Sorry.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
What Shirt said. If you were close by, I'd bring on the two Stihl MS310s of Iwashige Bros. firewood and kick some butt! LOL

·
Registered
687 Posts
I doubt if winning or lossing this "tournament" is going to have much inpact on you or archery in general. Why not go and shoot and do the best you can?

The truth is you are the only person you have to impress. Fear of what others might think keeps more people out of shooting tournaments than anything else.

The truth is most people could care less, or even notice anothers score.

Jump in there and shoot!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Shoot anyway

Don't make any difference how bad they hurt Cory, get out there and shoot. Shooting your bow and having fun should work the stiffness out and will help you in the long run.
Don't gripe and complain if it does hurt a little, just have some fun. Keep a smile on your face and nobody will know but you. WR

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i decided now, after a hour of chopping, NO!!!!!!!!!!!
i can't even lift my arms now, and it hurts typing this!! lol

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
how much wood could a cory chop if a cory could chop wood?

D

·
0 Posts
oh to be young again...

...and get to complain about a 'little" work:D ...

...CORY...if it hurts to type after chopping some wood...you may be out of archery for life:p ...

...no...not really...get some rest and spank em in the morning!!...get after em boy!!:cool: ...no pain...no gain!!...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
And the Wood Chuck got it's Revenge MUAHAAAA MUHAAAA MUHAAAA :D

Cory, Ice them arms down for 15 min, then heat then ice again. Rest good tonight. SHOOT, SHOOT ANY WAY. Never skip a meet unless you lost an arm or leg or something. Go and have fun. You will be glad when you are older

TIm

·
Registered
378 Posts
I find that most of the time I'll shoot better after some stressfull physical activity. I think it takes the edge off the nerves. I've shot some of my best pistol scores after swinging pipe wrenches all day. I shot my highest 3D score two weeks back after running a chainsaw all day the previous day.

I'd say give it a try. If you get there and it dosen't feel right you can always just be a spectator. You'll never know unless you try.

hangunnr

·
Registered
5 Posts
To thyne own self be true. Get a good nights sleep,eat a good breakfast and kick butt. You will feel better just for showing up.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Beat by your sister ?

Cory I bet you just don't want to get beat by your sister. So you better stay home and do the girl chores for her!:p Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts