Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently shooting 28 Cabelas Stalker Extremes (Beman ICS Hunters, 8.4 gpi) with 4 inch vanes and 100 grain heads. I want to change my arrow to a 125 grain head w/ wraps and 4" feathers. Would my FOC be ok w/ the new setup? Would it be better than the old arrow? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
I guess I would ask you why you are changing if you don't know the effect it will have? Maybe you are just wanting a bigger cut?

Doubt you will see much or any change in your FOC considering you are going to add 10 grains or more to the back of your arrow at the same time you add 25 to the front. Besides that...IMO, for good arrow flight, especially bh's, no such thing as too high FOC but it definitely can be too low.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I would ask you why you are changing if you don't know the effect it will have? Maybe you are just wanting a bigger cut?

Doubt you will see much or any change in your FOC considering you are going to add 10 grains or more to the back of your arrow at the same time you add 25 to the front. Besides that...IMO, for good arrow flight, especially bh's, no such thing as too high FOC but it definitely can be too low.
Yeah, bigger cut, and I can get 125 gr. Steelheads for less than the 100s.

Are feathers and a wrap 10 gr. heavier than 4" vanes w/o wrap?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The only thing I would be concerned about with the changes you listed is whether the arrow is properly spined for the 125grn heads. We don't know the length of your arrows or the poundage you shoot.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
28" 400 shafts, two bows, 60# Vectrix XL and 53# Martin Bengal. 29" DL. I don't think I should be overspined.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There won't be anything wronf wit the FOC based on the data you provided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts