Archery Talk Forum banner

Will over spined arrows affect flight of field tips.

1320 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Deezlin
Just wondering if over spined arrows will affect the flight of field points. i shoot a 08 drenalin ld with easton axis 340s at 70 lbs. i was thinking about backing my limbs off two or three turns and was hoping that the arrows would fly fine.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,212 Posts
How is it shooting now? 340 spine deflection sounds about right for your setup assuming 100 gr. tips.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
???what??? you want more draw# and more grains in front if overspined. 340s were made for 70#bows.I Might even go to stiffer 300's if the head is over 125gr.

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
backing down limbs

after hunting season i just dont seem to have as much time to shoot alot with a new baby in the house. so i am just trying to make shooting a little more confortable for when i do get out and shoot. so i was wanting to go down to 65 lbs or so. dont really have the funds to buy a different set of arrows right now.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
My experience is that you can go down to 64 or 65 without issue on a 340 series arrow. Assuming it is a standard length - 28" or 29". I run standard length 400 series arrows up to about 62 lbs.

· Registered
1,214 Posts
THERES AN OLD SAYIN BACK IN TENNASEE,FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON ME; HEY DID YOU SAY YA HAD A NEW BABY IN THE HOUSE, MAN THATS AUSOME I'D LIKE TO MEET HER SOME TIME, U SHOULD COME OVER AND SHOOT YOUR OVERSPINED ARROWS SOMETIME :darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.