Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just purchased an STS for my Mathews Q2XL last night. This is my 3D setup. I'm supposed to shoot a 3D shoot this weekend. I'm going to try to get over to my club range to shoot a little before hand, but my wife and I have just been involved in moving, and I am pretty tied up for time.

Just wondering if putting the STS on will affect my scale and sight settings, or should the impact point be the same as it was before.

Thanks.

·
Have bow will travel
823 Posts
sts

I just installed an STS on my Bowtech and had no change of impact. It made a hugh impact on feel and sound (for the better). I had thought bowtechs were naturally quiet until I installed the STS....One word ... Awesome :wink:
Scott.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dog said:
I just installed an STS on my Bowtech and had no change of impact. It made a hugh impact on feel and sound (for the better). I had thought bowtechs were naturally quiet until I installed the STS....One word ... Awesome :wink:
Scott.

Did you gain or lose any speed? Or do you know?

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mag-Tek said:
Sight in before you put the STS on, then put in on and see if it changed where you hit. Most of the time it will not change anything, but will for a few archers.

I like my STS.
Yeah...I'm already sighted in without it. Got to find a little time this week to check the settings prior to shooting on Saturday.

Nice looking bow. Too bad it ain't a Mathews. :p

Just kidding.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
shouldn't change anything. it didn't change my point of impact on my pride
rob k

·
Have bow will travel
823 Posts
kidnutso said:
Did you gain or lose any speed? Or do you know?
My chrono eyes said I picked up 7 fps :wink: Well actually On Target projected an increase without the silencers :shade: However, at 60 yds my impacts were the same so I could not have picked up much speed or I would have been high...

Scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts