Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Let the Co take care of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a bowhunting thread but since thier are other wolf threads here too, I'll just ask the question. Will you shoot a wolf or wolves if it attack your dog while bird hunting? I ask this question because one of my friend had this happen to him while pheasent hunting last year and it tore the sh*t out of the dog (Lab). There was like 2-3 wolves attacking the dog. Yes, he did manage to killed 1 and injured another that later was found dead but he got cited and fined for killing a protected animal. The dog had numerous cuts on the head and had to get 14 stitches on the belly and some on the hind legs. I think he got fine $200.00 for killing a protected animal. I don't think this is fair at all. The County should of paid the vet bills for the dog ( a little over $1,000), then fining my bud.

I like wolves, as a matter of fact my sign-in name is Twolf but if it ever attack my dog, I'm taking it down. I think before they reintroduce these animals to the wild they need to make a law and let us protect our pets and live stock.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Would I shoot a wolf if it attacked my dog while bird-hunting?

You betcha, in a New York minute! :mad:

And if it was still illegal even under those conditions?

Tough......that's where "shoot, shovel, shut-up" comes into play.....:wink:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd shoot any animal OR person who hurt my lab!

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is too easy, me thinks its a trick question. Hell yes I shoot the wolf or wolves. :zip:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Probably wouldn't take that much for me....

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
I would shoot my grandmother if she was attacking my dog. :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
The real question is, how did anyone find out? Is he a smart fella? It's no different than California and Mt Lions... Sssshhhh!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
As soon as one wolf looks away from the dog and towards me with it's teeth bared, it's self defense. With my bum knee, I can't run away.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Although I have a fondness for wolves, the love for my dog is far greater. Be it wolf or coyote..they'd be dead.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I'd shoot anything that attacked my dog.

Let me say that I would only shoot a person with a field point ;)

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
wolf

if i see a wolf it will be shot.it don't have to attack my dog,just be on the farm is reason enough.if the co. wants to reinterduce them they can do it on their land.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have killed coyotes some here that were attackin my **** dogs while huntin. Here u cant kill them at nite but they come in on the tree and started attackin dogs so that 22 went to work. It willl continue to every time they come in while **** huntin

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Don't even have to think about it! Then I would have it mounted. Its legal here to shoot one wolf per year. I would even shoot more than one, but I'm sure the dog would get at least one himself. A badger was no problem!:tongue:, I didn't even have to shoot. Then me and Freddy would go sit by the campfire and sing songs till the wee hrs:darkbeer: He has dominance/anxiety issues, if he thinks I'm in danger he's one mad dog:fuming:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
your damn right I would. "Shoot, Shovel, and Shutup"

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I would probably call the authorities and tell them what I did to the so called protected species....NO one messes with you dog!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts