Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to the weather channels website and put in my zip code,click on 10 day forecast and then click on each day to get a forecast on the wind direction in my area.I plan my hunts(which farm/stand to hunt) based on these wind forecast.I find them to be fairly accurate,but they do miss occasionally.I was wondering if you guys use any other resources to get wind forecast.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use weather underground on the computer . I hunt mainly Ohio and Michigan . I do not go by the weather service for wind direction I go by the temperatures they are calling for and if rain is in the forecast . If in October they are calling for 60s and 70s then I can pretty much bet on southwesterly winds . If a cool front is coming I can almost bet on northwesterly winds . If they are calling for rain in a day or two I can plan on an east wind . I have been watching this since I began bow hunting in 1991 . I set anywheres from 8 to 12 stands so I need to be pretty sure on the wind direction or else I am going thru a bunch of work for nothing if I am hunting for a week or ten days .

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Some very good tips.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
BBBUCKHORN said:
I go to the weather channels website and put in my zip code,click on 10 day forecast and then click on each day to get a forecast on the wind direction in my area.I plan my hunts(which farm/stand to hunt) based on these wind forecast.I find them to be fairly accurate,but they do miss occasionally.I was wondering if you guys use any other resources to get wind forecast.
I do the exact same thing as you. But, now I'm gonna' add the NOAA link to my list! :thumbs_up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts