Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard through the rumor mill that regular blue Windex works wonders as a cover scent and an all around scent. Has anyone heard this or is it just a rumor? Thanks.

Meat
Phillipians 4:13

·
Registered
34 Posts
Think about it........How many things in the woods smell like ammonia??????? I think whoever told you that just wants you to have no luck at your stand so you will leave and he can use it.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
jo hunter said:
Think about it........How many things in the woods smell like ammonia??????? I think whoever told you that just wants you to have no luck at your stand so you will leave and he can use it.
Certainly one of the stranger things ive heard, BUT think about it. Human urine basically turns into Ammonia after around 2 hours of dispertion SO many here swear by freshining up scrapes with human urine, SO there might be something to this:confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Bo-Peep ammonia

Food for thought....

I remember a few years back that a hunting show on TV stated that they used Bo-Peep ammonia in the scrapes they made.

You couldn't find a bottle of that stuff during hunting season if your life depended on it for the next few years.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
scent

There was a TV show a few years ago, where the host basically blew the scent industry out of the water..they sued, he lost, and left television...he would go have a steak and some beers and "bottle" the urine...he would put three or four "scent spots"...one with a well known scent company's stuff(I think it started with a "T") and then his own urine, Aqua Velva after shave, and something else...the deer woyuld come to all of the scents equally...kind of blows the lid off paying big money for 2 oz bottles of estrus scent, so the scent mfrs sued...He was in Michigan...I grew tired of his rant about the scent industry, but he was right...have never used scent since, AND I pee right out of my tree now...really surprised a guy in Pa a few years back...he camped out right under my tree in the dark and everything I could do, whistled dropped stuff on him, etc wouldn't move him...he sure moved when I laid down some "buck in heat" scent!:D

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
You didn't hear this from an old Greek guy did you? :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
yup,i saw that show too,boy i miss Fred Trost and michighan outdoors:mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bottled deer urine has always been a big concern of mine.The stuff could be 5 years old who the hell knows.I've paid good money for "doe in heat" or whatever and it just smelled like ammonia.It's not even so much the money as it is the fact that I'm putting so much effort into hunting only to scare the deer (the big smart ones) away with this crap The industry needs to be regulated.The only deer urine I use is the stuff I get myself in the snow.I freeze it and use it the following year.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
t

Fred Trost is still on the air! Yes, he is the one who said something about urine and what it is and what it isn't!! He sure did change a lot peoples opinions on scents! He did get into trouble for it, but he has HUGE point too!

Companies should not sell something if it isn't what it is suppose to be! That is pure crap, dirty, cheap, low down, stealing...you get the point. Anything to make a dollar.

EX: I called on this new scent to carry. I like to test everything i sell. He said he would send me a bottle to try. He said you mix it with your own pee! I asked,"is it ammonia"? He said NO! I said OK, send me a bottle and i'll get back with you on carrying the product. Guess what!! I never got anything! I think i called him on it! LMAO I care about what i sell and i'm not going to sell something that don't work, or do what it is suppose to do! BAD, bad business and morels! That would kinda be like stealing peoples hard earned money. I'm not that way, and never will be!

OH..Fred Trost is the one who did a hunt with Amonia,lol. He had that buck jump in the blind with him,lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Windex, No Way! Although Turpentine works Quite Well, as a Boot Cover Scent! No Joke!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts