Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Windstalker professionally installed on my Allegiance and I have shot it maybe 200 times. My cables seem to be getting eaten up by the Windstalker- is anyone else having the same experience? Anything that can be done to stop/minimize the damage? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had the same problem on my extreme. I called wind stalker the sent me another one, if this one starts tom cut my cable I'm going to be angry :angry:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
i had the same problem.

its probably cause by the WS shaft being too long so there is too much pressure on it from the cables.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Try serving your cable and string where it goes through the cable guard. This has been a long practice of mine to eliminate cable and string wear. I do this on regular cable slides as well.

Hope this helps.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I can't swear to it, but I think a lot of guys that are getting wear are not setting the WS far enough forward. I thought I had mine just right and I ended up lopping off another 1/4" to get it just right.

Something you might notice is that the end of your cable rod you removed to install the WS is rounded on the end. The hole in the rise is also rounded at the bottom. So, when you trim the end of the WS rod to the same length as the old cable rod you end up with a small problem. When we cut our WS rods they end up with a squared end and they don't bottom to the same depth as the old rod. Depending on how rounded off the stock rod is, you can end up anywhere from an 1/8" to 1/4" longer than you need.

Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I would call Windstalker and talk to them. I had a problem with mine catching and they sent me another one out and money to mail the return back. But, I have shot mine a lot and have not had any cable problems. I do keep my strings and cables waxed well, I use Brownell Ultra Cam and Brownell's wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts