Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a windstalker to put on my '06 allegiance and had a couple of questions for everyone. I searched the forums for something like this and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I installed the windstalker and properly adjusted it (I think). I took it to the range and noticed a fairly large change in the way the bow was sighted in. I had to adjust windage and distance. Is this normal? I know from other threads that it may be necessary to give the string a twist or 2 to sorrect the letoff, but this is different. Maybe it just needs tuned... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Equalizer with a Windstalker

I have one on my Equaalizer. The other day I put four Medallions (small diameter arrows) touching each other in the center of the FITA X-Ring at 30 meters as well as a ten and a 9. I just wish I could do that all the time. :)

Good hunting and shooting

Bryan

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Don't know much about them but friend had one and after installation his bow picked up about 6 lbs of draw weight. I would assume it wasn't entirely set up right though. I would like to hear of real world results after switching to them myself.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
terrym, I'd guess your friend's bow has the Windstalker set up too short. This will bind the cable, raising draw weight.

Brian, I haven't put on a Windstalker. I'm guessing here but, it may be the cables are pulled over more than with the stock setup. Poundage may also be a bit higher if it's set short. I'd measure brace height, draw weight, let off, and check cam timing (dots visible at brace).

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I think your windage would change. Hopefully more inline with the centerline of the bow.

One of the advantages of the windstalker is to reduce cable guard induced torque at full draw.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a windstalker on my Ally and it carries the cables so close to center that my Blazers come within milimeters of touching. When I saw how in line everything was I actually carefully inspected it to see if this was really how it was supposed to be. According to the instruction manual that came with it, it is. It was installed, adjusted, and tuned from the shop before they sent it so I assume its all been done correctly. It shoots fantastic and is very repeatable so I'm gonna say they did it right. I'm very pleased with it.

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
It should help with some limb twist issues also, if you have any.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
sagecreek said:
It should help with some limb twist issues also, if you have any.
I really don't see how the WindStalker can be any better than the stock rod. If you look at a stock bow, the rod is poisitioned almost exactly where it needs to be for optimum clearance if you shoot with one vane down. The WindStalker pulls the cables above and below the arrows path instead of just one, "more so equal distant" point like the stock rod. If you want better cable clearance, a bent rod that would allow the cables to be pulled away from the arrow's path,,,,,,,,, at the same plane as the arrow's path, would provide less "limb torque" than either the WindStalker or the stock cable rod.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Mine makes the world of difference. I've never sighted in with a normal cable gaurd and then switched to the windstalker, but I would assume It would have to be sighted in again, deffinately for windage. They help a great deal with a bow that has riser torgue at full draw. There are also quite a few bows that have pulled to far, and the windstalker allows you to bring it back to center.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I used to use one... it destroyed my cables and was told by a very well respected bow technican that the binary cams don't play well with the Windstalker.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once I resighted it, the windstalker is working great. So what do you mean by "doesn't play nicely"? What should I look for. I love mine. Quieter, smoother, less vibration.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, I did notice while waxing the strings that the natural crossing point for my cables is about 1 3/8" lower than what the windstalker forces the crossing point to be. I am working with a fellow AT member to develop a drop for the windstalker so that the strings will cross at their natural crossing point, but I will still be able to enjoy the benefits of the windstalker! I will keep you guys updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts