Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i get a hold of them i have bought a used one and need a knew rod so i can installe it on my pride, i have called, i have emailed for four days with no return info! what can i do? :( :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no

i have a pearson pride, i knew it was cut for a bowtech, they sell the rods i just cant get them to answer the phone or email :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ttt

UP TO THE TOP!! :tongue:

·
Vendor
35,939 Posts
I had a problem with mine eating the cables. Apparently there first models were a little rough. I emailed them four times with no response. Turns out they were at a show. They emailed me back with a phone # to call them. I did and they promptly sent me a new one; and I had it in 2 days after talking with them. I think it's just a couple of guys so you might have keep trying to get a hold of them. Once you do, they will take care of you!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Windstalker

I know that they were in Georgia last weekend but I had to do the same exact thing and they replaced the part.
THe rods are pressed in and you cannot replace them, you have to send it back and they will have to send youa new one or exchange it.
I think that they asked me to pay for the shipping which was 6.00.
Good Luck

is this the same number that you called
1-706-782-9930

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes

THAT IS THE NUMBER, but the rod is not pressed in it is held in by a (pressed pin) with a punch you can nock out which i have allready done, i work in a machine shop! how much for the new bar?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Like I said when I called thay told me that they would ship a new one to me and when I got the replacement if I would ship it back and also give htem a check for 6.00 to cover the shipping.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
but the rod is not pressed in it is held in by a (pressed pin) with a punch you can nock out which i have allready done, i work in a machine shop!

why can't you use the original rod that came with the bow? Drill it and pin it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why

becuase the rod for the bow is carbon the one that comes wiyh it is aluminume,when you drive the pin back into it the carbon rod splinters and splites! :wink:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
true that

iam going after work to buy a 3/8 aluminume rod and make it tomorow!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to the Windstalker website at winstalkercableguard.com and go to dealer page. You can order from a dealer, Windstalker does not make internet sales as they will not compete against their dealers.
vipper1967 said:
how can i get a hold of them i have bought a used one and need a knew rod so i can installe it on my pride, i have called, i have emailed for four days with no return info! what can i do? :( :(

·
Registered
672 Posts
MAN VIPER I WOULD OF THOUGHT YOU'D HAVE THAT THING ALL RIGGED UP BY NOW, JUST LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME TO PROPERLY TUNE IT ...IT CAN BE A PAIN! :teeth:

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Just curious why they are a pain? I set mine up in 10 minutes including cutting and after a thousand shots still don't see any cable wear. What are people doing wrong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is Johnny Davis with WindStalker Cable guard. I apologize to everyone who says they have been unsuccessful in reaching us by email and phone. There are only two of us. We are in the process of moving our office, so please bear with us. We do answer all emails and phone calls. It would be bad for business to do otherwise. In the interim, if you cannot get ahold of Todd at 706-782-9930, you can contact me at 706-782-4380 until 6:00. Try Todd first. You can get him even after 6:00. You can email me anytime at [email protected]. You can email the company simply by going to our web page at windstalkercableguard.com. If you are having trouble with the cable guard not doing what it is advertised to do, then it is probable that it is not installed correctly. We guarantee our product, if you do not try replacing any part of it yourself. If you cut the rod too short when installing it, send the cable guard to our address with $5 and we will replace the rod. Everything is machine pressed. Don't tinker with it even if you are a machinist. You may be able to take it apart and put it back together, but if you mess up, the warranty is dead. We are dedicated to our customers, but remember, we do not make internet sales-we do not compete against our dealers. We will sell at competitions. We will be at IBO, ASA, and NFAA competitions next year and at the ATA Trade Show. If you are dissatisfied with WindStalker, please contact us and let us know why. this is a very good product, and if installed correctly, will make your bow better.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Scottie said:
I had a problem with mine eating the cables. Apparently there first models were a little rough. I emailed them four times with no response. Turns out they were at a show. They emailed me back with a phone # to call them. I did and they promptly sent me a new one; and I had it in 2 days after talking with them. I think it's just a couple of guys so you might have keep trying to get a hold of them. Once you do, they will take care of you!
I agree, they are very busy and are having a hard time keeping up with demands. But, Todd will take care of you as soon as he can. I have never dealt with a company which was trying to do a better job of customer support.

I had problems with one of the early models they made. He sent me another with postage and release rope and maybe a couple of extra dollars for trouble.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts