Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had experience with the Winn Free Flight C-10 release---the concept sounds solid---relaxing to release--wonder if it works in reality --- Thanks, Dave:cool:

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
The C-12 is the relax to release Winn. The C-10 you squeeze off like any other trigger release. I use a loop hook mech winn release on a string loop and like it alot.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I have used over severa; years the c10 and have never had a problem with the release. It does help you pull more weight, can be fine tuned for trigger pull and the only negative is that you can not get rid of it when pulling arrows or climbing into tree stands..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bought the C-12 "release" type many years ago. I was going thru a bout of target panic & thought the "release" style would help. It did. That plus a few other things helped considerably.
It will take a bit of getting used to.
It should definately help you pull your weight a bit easier.
Sturdy & well built.
My one drawback on the Winn releases is that the string catch is free to flop back & forth (not the caliber style) & the noise seems to be very loud while sitting in the quiet of the woods.
For the past year I've been using a Tru-fire Bear Paw release. You can set it to either "release" or "squeeze" the trigger for your release. Seems I'm a bit more accurate when "squeezing" a release.
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
The C-10 is a nice release. I have used it for a couple of years now and like it the best of any I have. The bar in the palm of the hand is the best feature I think. It allows for more weight to be pulled much easier. That was imporatnt for bow I had at the time. As someone said though, it does not fall out of the way like other releases and always seems to be in the way until you get used to it.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I'd injured my first two fingers on my string hand a while ago. Tried the C-12 and fell in love. It's not the same as releasing with fingers, but it sure is the same thought process. The release is tough as nails and I haven't had a failure yet in any way...other than the first arrow I stuck in a tree the first time I drew the release :rolleyes:(my fault) After that all was good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C-12 Winn release

Thanks for setting me straight on the C-12 release --- I learned which one was the "relax" release -- C-12 and not C-10, and that quite a few folks like it --- It seems to solve one simple problem that seems to plague everyone --punching the trigger --also seems a more "natural" process, releasing instead of triggering --Just may try one --- Thanks---

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
You won't punch the trigger on one, that's for sure. However, you may very well have a similar problem that fingers shooters have... chasing the shot. I caught myself doing it with my old bow with a really big valley. With my new bow and solid wall I don't have the issue.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Winn Free Flight Glove Release

Ive been using them for years . It started with wrist surgery where a piece of tendon had to be removed from my wrist, since I am unable to use wrist strap releases, my wrist becomes very tired and sore when trying to use a wrist strap and shooting became not fun. I then found the Winn Free Flight Glove Release and it solved my problem, it dosent pull on the wrist and yes it does make you feel like you are pulling back less weight than you really are . I have found the C-10 also works well with a string loop it just takes a little while to learn how to load and lock it on the loop by pushing against the back of the nock slightly.I have played with some other hand held releases but none felt quite so comfortable or natural to me as the Winn.
I find them to be durable , reliable and a quality release.
I have taken many deer during archery season with the Winn Releases, I find it nice to not have a swivelling release flopping around hitting things making unwanted noise, the Winn is on the hand and it stays there making it much tougher for me to lose:p
Yes it took me awhile to become used to doing things with the release on , I just got used to doing things with it on and the feeling like a 3 fingered idiot. ;)
I have using the Winn Free Flight Glove Release for 3D shooting tournaments this year and it is performing well for me.
IBO Bedford National Triple Crown =32place
ASA Cabelas Illinois PRO/AM= 10th place
ASA Illinois State Championship=1st place
ASA Cabelas Championship Classic Alabama=35th place
As for the when the gloves velcro wears out , I have found a way to replace it without having to buy a new glove.
I bought a leather sewing needle and industrial quality velcro at the sewing store and upolstry thread. I removed the velcro from the old glove to use as the pattern for measuring the new velcro and sewed on the new velcro and saved around $25.00 . It cost me about $4.50 and a half hour of time to do it myself:D
Deborah KF
www.winnarchery.com

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
My wife did the same for may old winn c10.... did they once make a winn rope release as well ????

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Winn Loopmaster

I have used the Winn Loopmaster for along time for hunting and it has never let me down. At present the adjustment set screw has the head stripped out, it is really hard to get it to go off. Have to pull it really hard. Emailed Winn to see if they would repair it for me and asked if the newer ones have an adjustment for sensitivity and travel both, that would be nice. Does anyone know if they have both these options, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I got a email from Roseann at winn and they are going to make one up for me. Can not say enought amount these fine folks. I have been shooting there release for years. I am a physically challenged archer and there release has kept me in the game and hunting.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Winn Free Flight

Sweet Old Bill; I totally agree with you, Winn has got some great people there, very nice folks.
I also felt somewhat phisically challenged after my wrist surgery and was becoming discouraged that I would ever find a release that didnt cause me pain and discomfort, until I found the Winn Free Flight Glove Releases. I dont know if I would have continued in archery if I hadnt of found their releases, but luckily I did and I am still enjoying archery and bowhunting to this day because of their releases.
Deborah KF:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts