Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to support my local shop and do so 95% of the time. They are good to me, and I try to return the favor.They are a big dealer for Winner's Choice and I'm in need (want) of a custom harness/string for my new Bow.

Thing is- I Love WC as regards lack of creep/and the durability, and have had many of them over the years, but they are by far the LOUDEST string/cables I've ever used. Every single bow I've put them on ends up noticably noisier.

So my thought is maybe going with 452X instead of the normal 8125. Anyone bought a 452X set from WC or know if this will help keep the noise down vs. 8125?

If push comes to shove I'll go elsewhere for my string/cables, but I'd like to hear from others first re: WC 452X

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
WC's standard is BCY 8125, but I'm sure they'd make you a set from 452X if that's what you want. You just have to place the order.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Barry-I know they can make them- I cannot stand the increased noise of WC (8125) and wondering if WC made with 452 would be noticably quieter

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have WC on one of my bows and did not notice any increase in noise from them and I am pretty sure they are 8125. Regardless of noise and manufacturer I would go with 452X because they will hold to spec better with zero creep.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,363 Posts
I put WC 452x on my Commander, have never tried 8125 so can't comment on the increased noise. I do know that 8125 is supposed to be a little faster, but I doubt that little bit of speed would increase the noise that much.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just had my custom set put on (WC-452X) on a few weeks ago on my Switchback XT and they did not change the noise at all from what I noticed.

I did loose a few fps due to it being alot more string as compaired to the Zebra that was on it but after shooting it about 500 times since putting it on there has been zero peep rotation and or any stretch, the old string would rotate almost every shot.

Since I was ordering 452X I went ahead and got some custom colors as well and they look awesome! I am not a huge fan of the stock green and tan versions. But like how they turned out!

d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts