Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of winners choice cables and when we tried to put the trophy taker rest on, we couldnt serve it to the cable because the cable has a serving on it. Any ideas ?

·
74,535 Posts
TT

Most guys are placing the string on outside of busscable. Just make knot on end then make a serving around the cable about 3/4"-1"

You can order your winners choice string with a little area left out for serving TT also.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Cable slide

get a new cable slide that you can attch the the rope from the rest to.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
I removed an area of the X Coat on my Winner's Choice set that is about an inch long so I could get my TT through the cable. I just put a lighter to the coating and when it started to bubble, stopped and was able to just un-serve it. Worked like a charm. ;)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Being that I dont use a fallaway/dropaway rest, can you not just serve over the serving without passing it through the string and tie (thinly) above and below it to secure it? Shouldn't be a whole lot of vertical pressure invoking movement (I wouldn't think), just horizontal pressure pulling the rest up (assuming ideal placement on the buss cable).

If you tie it high enough on the buss cable, you shouldn't have any contact issues between the buss cables due to the ties above and below. The ties may not even be necessary, serving it over itself may be plenty secure...

More of a question as to why not do this than anything. Reliability? Some impact on buss cable movement? Just a bad idea overall to serve on top of serving? The X-coating just too slick/hard to serve on top of? Just bad practice! ;)

Kinda interested in what you all think...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a teflon cable slide that I drilled out but when i attatch the TT rope to the cable slide it looks like I am going to have contact with the vanes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fogg dogg, i dont think i can burn the serving off the cable, my luck i think i would burn the whole thing. I think i might be better off trying to cut the whole serving off, starting at the top with the knot.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
Darren/NY,

Don't take the entire thing off, just a section where you need it and then re-tie the ends. It's not as hard as it sounds. If I can do it... :D ;) If you use the lighter, you only need to get it started. As soon as it starts to bubble, STOP! It will come right off.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
12,807 Posts
Do what Daniel Boone said.

See my related post under the Winners Choice! thread.

You can serve right over the cord on the cable itself and it's not going anywhere. As you've probably seen, the x-coat is a serving so it's got plenty of bite to it if you serve over it. It's not slick (like a waxed string would be) so the cord will not slide up the cable.

If you don't want to do that I'd ask WC to get you a string without the x-coat on the cable.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Winners Choice

Guys
I've had my X-Coated string for several months and my buddy DUBBYA ARE and I just served the pull cord right over the X-Coat. I probably have 3000 shots on it and it ain't moved a bit!!!:D Just get the timing right a serve it up tight:)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Myself and Darren just served over the coating and seemed to bite in real good. He is gonna take a bunch of shots but it sure looks like it not gonna budge a bit.

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
serve over top it will bite into that serving better than the string!! easton94

·
Registered
176 Posts
any release rope should work,the BCY stuff works real good.i serve it on the cable like the directions,but on the rest end i put the cord through the hole ,get the right lift on the rest tie a knot and melt the end so it will not pull through.this has work fine on my bows.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just installed another one tonight on a winners choice. I don't know if it's the best way or not but it hasn't failed anyone I know yet! Just tie a knot in the front side of some D-loop material and slide it through the hole in the rest and then simply tie the other end like one half of a D-loop right on to the winners choice cable, burn the end and everthing. Then serve from the top of the half d-loop to about an inch above so it doesn't move. Works great.
Also serve right behind the piece of metal that pulls the rest up to hold the rope in place. I'll try to post ya a picture in the next day or 2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts