Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a REEZEN 6.5 29" draw length and i am about to get a new string. I have a zebra now and it is starting to get a little more fray on it than i like. I got the bow in february of this year which is not that long ago. granted i have shot it alot though.

1. Is this a normal amount of time to be replacing the string?

2. If you shoot winners choice how do you like it?

3. Is one string better than the other?

Please let me know your input. Thank you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'd go with WC. But i've never shot a Zebra to be truthfull. But I've read a few different posts on here also about people not being happy with the zebra. I do think that WC is the better string. Or you can save money and get a string made from a number of custom string makers here on AT

·
Registered
494 Posts
I replaced my XT and Switchback with Winners Choice and both streched a bit( lost about 4lbs on both bows)My bother replaced his with Winners Choice and lost about 4lbs also,took them back to the pro shop a nd they took care of us.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Of those 2 I would go with the Winner's Choice.

However, if i were putting new strings/cables on a bow I would choose Bucknasty, Ranger Bowstrings or Vapor Trail over both the ones you mentioned. Equal if not higher quality and at a fraction of the cost. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
W.C. versus Zebra, no contest W.C....
Some will argue that joe blows string is the best but I have yet to see any string that stays put like WC.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have buck nasty strings and they are very reliable.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i just got my sixx strings from here on at and i am impressed so far. they haven't seemed to stretch at all and they were reasonably priced too. just search "bowgod"

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you all for the input. where can i get bowgod and bucknasty strings from? i live in louisiana. is this something i need to order or do they have a place local to me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts