Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently had a new winner choice string put on my bow. All things the same as before without the WC, except +/- one pound of pull, and timing is good, and now I have lost speed. To the tune of 13 fps. I even increased my draw lenght by 1/8". I don't understand it other than the obvious, the string has slowed things down, not sure how. Has anyone else experienced this type or any type of speed loss when switching to a WC string. Thanks

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I don't use their strings. They are without a doubt a very quality bowstring. However, they can't defy the laws of physics. The material they used is probably slower than the material you had in your previous strings.

What material did they use and what material do you currently use?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Are you specs correct? Cam timing etc? If they are then you may have gone from a string with less strands and made out of 8125 to a string with more strands made out of 452x.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point, I did not think of the number of strands. Everything else is working correctly, timing. tuning, so I quess I shouldn't complain to much. But then again 13 fps is a lot. Thanks for the imput.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
In my situation I was shooting with a HHA sight and before I put on the WC string on I had the site set from 20 to 85yds with room to move site yet, I used it for field archery and after installing the string all I could get was 65yds out of it and even went to 100gr tips from 125 tips. I am sure it is the material that the string was made from becouse it has 24 strands compaired to 20 that the factory string was made from. So just becouse everyone else says one thing and they claim to like it well that material is not for everyone,452X is what it was made from, and I think if it was made from 450 or 8125 well then the bow may not have lost any speed at all.

·
Banned
337 Posts
i picked up 8 fps on my switchback xt! with wc!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mathews/Zebra/Baracuda are usually 18 strand 8125T so get as much speed as possible, but they then to creep quiet a bit IME.

My observations for different strings compaired to an 18 strand 8125T are:
With a 20 strand 452 string you'll usually lose 5-8 fps, with 24 strand 12-15fps. A 20 strand 8125T will cost 3-4 fps and a 22 strand with cost 5-7 fps, finally a 24 strand 8125 will cost 8-10.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
I have been making strings for over a year now an dhave been using the Brownell line of strings and have gained speed with all their materials, the most was with TS Plus then D75 Thin, XCEL, and then UltraCam was the slowest. Just keep watching for a new string maker to hit the web soon with a new attitude and with all Brownell Products. EXTREME BOWSTRINGS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts