Archery Talk Forum banner

Winner's Choice string life

631 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Zhunter1
What is the normal string life for these strings? and what is the best way to take care if them?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,000 Posts
I would recomend changing them every year just to be safe. That being said I have one that has been on my backup bow since 01 that I shoot now and then, but shot for 2 years straight and it is still going strong no creep no strech and peep still straight. I keep it now just to see how far and how many shots it will life for. I shoot quite a bit so I will feel save saying its got over 250,00o shots on it. Just clean it and use there kit and it will last a LONG time.

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Hmm?

I shot WC strings for a few years and had to change them yearly. They got aweful fuzzy with standard string wax. I have to say that I have not had that same problem with the same wax on Crackers string and cables. I did not have much in the way of stretch with WC though/nor with Crackers but the fuzziness drove me nuts.

· Registered
628 Posts
I have had mine on my bow for nearly a decade, and only now does it need to be changed out.

I know, that is too long, but it was spot on and did not show any serious wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.