Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a Winners Choice 2 days ago and now see what I've been missing. I put it on set my loop and shot 12 shots to (cease it in). <---------- That's for you Droptine:D LOL. After the 12th shot I set my peep and what do you know. It stayed EXACTLY where I put it upon on the draw. I went to the bag and sighted in. Once sighted I started group shooting and it cost me an arrow at 30yds. Right down the middle:eek: Oh well they make'm everyday. As of now I have about 150 shots on it and it moved about a 1/16" I put 1 twist on the cable and it's dead center in the performance marks. This will be the only string I put on my bows from now on.:D

P

·
0 Posts
Winner's Choice

I wouldn't have anything else on my bows.

I tried for 2 days to get the Strings shot in on my '03 ProTec so it would paper tune with the factory strings and even after at least 500 shots the paper looked more like I had thrown the bow through the paper instead of shooting an arrow through it. :)

I called Winner's Choice and ordered at set of strings and a cable.
After about 10-20 blind bale shots I set up the paper...........Bullet Hole. And the peep is still sitting exactly where I put it. :D

·
Grand Master
440 Posts
In our shops we made our own strings, not any more.
Winners Choice is the only choice on the market IMHO. You spend
$$$$$ for your new bow and put a 79 cent string on it. It is like putting Factory Take-offs back on your new 4X4 PU. "I saved money" but I spent time fixing them.

You make a hard decision on which, IYO, is the best bow to spend your money on. Use that same attitude to the working parts you need to rely upon "STRING{S}-CABLE{S}, REST, SIGHT"

My choice for each is Martin/Winners Choice/Golden Key/Toxonics/Super Scope/Carter Release/Easton.

NUFF SAID
:DEE

·
Registered
704 Posts
I like the way Martin Fury Cams have the shoot thru but have not the money together yet to buy a Martin.

SO, I changed to Winners Choice string and their TRC cable on my Pearson. It is "Almost" as good as having Fury Cams. This shoot through system is an improvement that reduces the torque on the limb. I love it. It is a little harder to quiet down because of extra cable complexity and you have to get used to loading arrows from the front. For the extra money, it is worth it.

And having a string that ceases turning the peep is a big plus also.

Winner's Choice, got the string, proudly wear the hat!!!

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
12,807 Posts
WC

WC is all I shoot (on a compound) and it's all I'll ever shoot. It's better than anything out there (despite the zebra-crap ads - you know it's good when all of the top Matthews shooters I know - who don't get paid to specifically shoot zebra strings - all strip them off their bows and put WC strings on immediately).

I shoot a Bowtech and I've only shot WC. Bowtech screwed up when they messed up the deal with WC. Now you have to pay the same price for the bow, junk the O2 strings and put WC on but it's well worth it. I suppose you have to do the same for every other bow out there (save the AR bows) as well.

Tip - don't set your peep right away when you put a new string on. Shoot about 20-25 arrows through your bow and let the string settle into the bow. Then install your peep and set it. You'll never have to mess with it again.

And by the way, the new X-coat is awesome. You can get the strings without them if you want to serve a drop-away cord through the cable but you don't need to. I'm using a NAP 4000 with the cable removed and a cord put in its place to attach to the down cable. I've got a tight serving around the cord on the outside of the cable and it holds like it's superglued in place. The x-coat has a lot of bite to it and properly served over I guarantee your drop-away cord is going nowhere! I was amazed, quite frankly.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just came back from shooting a 40 target range. I don't know if it's the string's or peace of mind, but I shot a 414 with 18 X's. No rotation and no more stretching that I can see. That gave me a BIG confidence boost heading into the World's:D I agree the X-coat is awsome. I served my drop-away to it no problem. Brad, na I didn't think you all were lying. Just had to find out the hard way:( I had ordered a Bowman custom string for a 27.5" draw spiral cam Ultra Tec. The specs. say it takes a 57" main string. Well I recieved a 56 1/4" It was to short. To get the cams into the performance marks I had to untwist it. That was causing my peep to rotate 3/4 of a turn. The bow just didn't feel right either. I contacted Bowman and told them my troubles and he sent me another free of charge. It was 56 3/8" Still to short. I took them off and seen for about the same price I could've had a Winners Choice. Lesson learned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts