Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my local well respected archery shop looking to put a new string and cable on my Legacy. I asked about Winners Choice. They offered their opinion, saying that Winners Choice pre stretches the life out of there strings. They claim to have seen several of them fail in half the time a traditional string would last. Also that X-Braid is a gimmick and standard serving methods are better. Blah blah blah... In the end they said "we'll get you what ever you want, but we do not recommend Winners Choice". No they were not trying to sell me a Zebra. It was some locally made string.
Anyone heard any Winners Choice feedback like this? Or, do any of you share this opinion?
I'm back to square one, Winners Choice, Vapor Trail or etc....
Op

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I have had nothing but great life out of my Winners Choice strings and cables. I won't use anything else.

·
74,535 Posts
They work for my coach

He has won so many titles its hard to count them all

Just won another. He is wearing a winners choice string shirt here and use them

He just won and broke two records at NFAA Outdoor nationals

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
i love mine,i've had a few sets on different bows,and they are the only co that warrenty's thier strings for one year that i know of, also with the x coat on the cables they seem to wear less against your cable guide

·
Registered
642 Posts
Winners Choice is the best hands down! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can tell ya that 'NO' factory string (Zebra, Barracuda, etc)will out last a W/C or Vapor Trail string. I shoot both and they are both excellent equipment. Sounds to me like he got his panties in a wad over something he knows nothing about!

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I have to comment that your Local, so called "Respected" archery shop guy has been sniffing way too much fletching glue!!!!!!! :eek:

Winner's Choice Strings and Cables are the Standard that All other string makers try to achieve and maintain! :thumbs_up

GAS, Vaportrail, ProStrings, Wolfden, and Stone Mountain (plus quite a few others) are all Wonderful Products and most likely as Good a product as Winner's Choice. But let's face it, Winner's Choice has been around for a good deal more years than any of the afore mentioned products. They have a Super Fine Reputation and they Strive To Keep Their Product Excellence Level at the top of the heap!

I personally feel that you really need to find another archery shop!

Dick

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Your Pro Shop person is full of prunes. He's probably going to make more money selling you whatever it is he's trying to sell you. Winners Choice strings have a sterling reputation.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I don't use Winners Choice Strings...... well not right now. If I don't build them myself, than it is Winners Choice or Vaper Trail.

Your "respected" tec does not uderstand the scientific principles behind the "stretching" process which is not actually stretching but tensioning to remove slippage when the string is in use.

Your tec is just misinformed, no one knows everything. That is why I come on AT, to learn, and learn, and learn, and learn, and....... ;)

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Winners Choice, makes a very good string. I happen to prefer "Vapor Trail", strings, but that doesn't mean Winners Choice is poorly made.

You might want to visit another Pro Shop, as I think the shop you're going to has a slanted view, probably due to a side deal with a friend, who happens to make strings.

Richard

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the feedback. I figured he was talking out of his backside. I'd never read or heard any comments comparable.
Op

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would not deal with that shop again - I am surprised that they are a "well respected" shop as they are giving out false information in hopes of steering you away from a superior product which they apparently do not sell. Believe me what they are telling you is a TOTAL LOAD OF CRAP. I would not deal with them and I would put out the word that they are dishonest and disreputable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've had Winners strings and cables on my last two bows and wouldn't shoot anything else. The shop owner is obiviously trying to sell you a product that he has a larger margin on and doesn't care about selling quality products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts