Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody still use the old Winona Camo anymore?

I think it's still one of the best all around patterns and it seems like Predator and ASAT may have taken some design cues from Bob Fratzke's 1980s patterns.

I had a hand-me-down sweater in this pattern when I first started hunting, but I outgrew it. Wish it was still being made.

this is Bob himself here...
wfratzke-photo1.jpg

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, I do!
No need for the lol...I can't see why it shouldn't still be made. One of the best patterns out there.

I'd certainly by more if I could.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a pair of the draw string pants but I use them as an underlayer to my ASAT.

·
Padawan
2,379 Posts
pretty cool (in a retro way).

Is the origin for Winona camo from Winona, MN? I went to college there for 4.5 years back in the 90s. Don't recall this pattern but I was drinking a lot back than.... Winona was known for it's knit products at one time.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pretty cool (in a retro way).

Is the origin for Winona camo from Winona, MN? I went to college there for 4.5 years back in the 90s. Don't recall this pattern but I was drinking a lot back than.... Winona was known for it's knit products at one time.
Yes. Fratzke is still around the Winona Archers' club (on the WI side of the river). It's been a few years since I've shot over there.

·
Bone
2,637 Posts
I still have Winona camo, just wore my Winona orange while hunting with my bow today in Pa. gun season.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Brings back memories. When I was a kid I had a hunting video with Bob Fratzke in it and they took a tour of the Winona camo factory. Glad to know he is still around.

·
That's a bear track!
28,860 Posts
I had the entire outfit at one time. The pants wore like a baggy pair of pajamas you didn't want to be seen in. I don't remember what became of the pants or the hat but one member here was the beneficiary of the jacket.

·
bowhunting is a passion
2,707 Posts
I still have 2 sets. Great camo

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
had the whole outfit yrs ago..lots of deer have lost their lives while wearing that ol' camo had that suit for yrs.. brings back lots of memories for me

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been collecting it and hunting with it for 30 years or so. I have likely 6 to 7 full sets in several sizes and patterns. Even a complete set in ASAT, lined vest ,shawl collared zip up sweater and draw string pants. I use it a lot. My other favorite is the Winona Elite pattern. I have several sets of that as well , enough to hand down to the children. They love it too. Quet , comfortable and warm. Can't beat it.

·
Padawan
2,379 Posts
I have been collecting it and hunting with it for 30 years or so. I have likely 6 to 7 full sets in several sizes and patterns. Even a complete set in ASAT, lined vest ,shawl collared zip up sweater and draw string pants. I use it a lot. My other favorite is the Winona Elite pattern. I have several sets of that as well , enough to hand down to the children. They love it too. Quet , comfortable and warm. Can't beat it.
Being a former WSU grad from the 90s my curiosity is stimulated. How "old" is Winona camo, can someone give a little more history?

Flintdiver- got anything in XXL tall ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts