Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you folks who use Windstalkers tying in your fall away rests? The lower arm on my Windstalker does not have the travel required to fully load the Drop Zone. I can tie it in with the rest about half way up and it will work but the rest may not fall far enough to clear the fletching. I guess I can go back to tying it in on the cable :sad:

SSSSSSssssssnake and the low tech

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Are you sure you have the Windstalker installed correctly? If your rod is a little long it will limit the travel on the Windstalkers arms. The cables should just barely touch the delrin arc on the Windstalker. If they are pressing pretty hard on the Windstalket the arms won't move very far at full draw. This is a fairly common mistake folks make. After all, once you cut the rod too short, it is simply too short.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try trimming the rod a bit further but I did it like the instructions described. What does just barely touching the cables mean mean? Because the cables cross each other, one is about half an inch closer to the riser than the other at the point where the Windstalker contacts them. That means that the cable closest to the riser has to be depressed by that distance in order for the other one to even touch.

Jus tryin to figger this thing out and maybe get my speed back too.

SSSSSSSSSSSsssssssnake and the double cross

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I must confess ignorance as to what kind of bow you have the Windstalker on. Is it by any chance one of the BowTech Binary Cam bows? If so, I believe I can definitely help you. In fact if you will PM me with your phone number I will call you and we can discuss this in detail as I have with others I have helped.
Dave Nowlin

·
Banned
370 Posts
windstalker

hey ssssssnake after you get that wind stalker install pm me let me know if you like it or not. want to install one but seasons in 3 weeks here

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have my WS and DZ on a Hoyt Ultratec. Tied into down cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts