Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Is there some kind of website that lists huntin land leases in wisconsin and minnesota? Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Go to Wisconson! We don't want that leasing crap in Minnesota:mad:

I know Potlatch is leasing out big blocks of there forrest land in northern MN. Heres the joke of it. They get/got huge tax breaks for keeping the land free to public access. And now that the money is in the bank there leasing out the land and locking out the public. And by only leasing the land, once the lease is up the can log it. Thats three times they cash in on the same property:eek:

Everyone gets up in arms by the peta people protesting in front of a KFC, but make no mistake about it . Land leasing and Outfitters pose 10X more risk to you not being able to hunt than Peta ever will.

Talk to your state rep, and see what can be done to close the loopholes that allow companys to do this. Thats like haveing 1 kid and claiming 4 dependents on you W2. Think the IRS wouldn't take issue with that?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Boy you got that right. I have been actually been saying this for yrs now that hunting is going to die because of the lack of areas to hunt. It's getting to the point already that in order to hunt good land you have to have a lot of money to do so. Pretty sad considering hunting use to be something anybody and everybody could do. The anti's are a threat for sure but, the lose of land is just as big if not a bigger threat to hunting. I'm not sure what we as hunters can do about it but, something definitely needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
knock knock

just knock on some doors, its cheaper.... I pick apples and throw hay bales for my spots.... The work is easy when your scouting at the same time :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts